Senior Software Engineer, Desktop at Unity Technologies
The Desktop Editor and Tools team is a small and agile group responsible for building the future of Unity Editor on Windows, Mac and Linux. With the revival of desktop gaming in recent years, there has never been a more exciting time to be a part of one of the most loved gaming platforms of all time.
Joining Unity's Desktop Editor and Tools team means not just helping build one of the most popular game engines in the world, but having an opportunity to advance one of the largest segments of the market and help expanding into entirely new verticals.
You have worked on performance-critical, cross-platform applications in the past and you know the importance of writing fast, portable and maintainable code. If you are also looking to put these skills in the hands of millions of developers using Unity around the world you have come to the right place.
- Collaborate with Unity R&D across the globe on core engine improvements and requirements related to the advancement of Windows, Mac and Linux development
- Work on performance optimizations to enable developers to ship the best games and experiences possible for desktop platforms
- Enable Unity Editor use for new verticals outside of game industry
- Strong system level C/C++ skills
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Windows, Mac or Linux programming experience
- Cross-platform development experience
- Experience with one of accessibility frameworks
- Experience with C# development
- Experience with Unity engine and tools
- Experience with large code bases
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.