The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can’t imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?
We build and maintain the App Framework, a collection of scalable backend services, a shared standard library and dev tooling that enables third-party developers to build and deliver custom applications on top of the Qualtrics XM platform. Developers are our customer base, and we use our own knowledge and experience as developers to ensure that building on the XM Platform follows best industry practices and is developer friendly, from local prototyping to debugging in production.
The Expectation for Success
- Strong level of curiosity and interest to learn
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5-7 years' experience in a software engineering capacity
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Confident with standard software engineering methodologies (e.g. unit testing, code review) and tooling (e.g. version control)
- Skilled selection of design patterns to simplify solutions to complex problems
- Effective and persuasive communication, driving consensus among engineers
A Day in the Life
- Take perspectives of internal and external customers to identify needs and deliver on commitments
- Build and deliver scalable, fast, robust, and simple web-based solutions that solve complex business and developer needs
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to drive maximum performance
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from other specialists, tech-ops, and product managers
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to customers