Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. Our Senior Leadership team has been recognized by Forbes, Seattle Business, and Geekwire. For the past three years we have been nominated as one of Seattle's "Best Places to Work" by Seattle Business Magazine, and celebrated awards in 2016 and 2017 by Seattle Met magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're also the recipient of World’s Most Dog-Friendly Offices in 2016 by Inc.com. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
Rover.com is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Developer Productivity team to help support our highly-skilled engineering team. This includes: working with our CI/CD system, improving our development and staging environments, collaborating with feature teams to build tooling to improve productivity and code quality, and building other various tooling and workflows to help make software development at Rover even better.
You will collaborate with members of the engineering team to identify pain points in their processes and develop plans to address them. We also work especially closely with our infrastructure engineering team to build out the developer-facing tooling for our infrastructure, so some familiarity with devops is a plus.
Join us if you're interested in working to guide a strong engineering culture, want to see the impact of your work on scaling our company, and have a propensity for problem solving and helping others.
- 4+ years as a professional software developer
- 2+ years working with Python or similar web programming language
- Experience working in a continuous integration and continuous deployment environment
- Experience with Docker and container-based workflows
- Rigor in automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices
- Experience working alongside and supporting internal developers
- You have excellent communication skills, a proactive disposition, and enjoy helping others
- Bonus: Experience implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Bonus: Experience working with AWS, IAC, and/or distributed systems.
- We are proud to be professional software developers building high quality, scalable, supportable solutions.
- We embrace progressive engineering practices including a continuous deployment pipeline, automated testing, and deployment. Our engineers just merge their branch and it ships.
- We're serious about the quality of our production operation and have thorough system, application, and user interaction monitoring and anomaly detection.
- Our teams are integrated with developers, product managers, and designers working side-by-side.
- And dogs in the office. Bring yours, too!
Why We'll Hire You:
- You're qualified for the position and your values align with Rover's Core Values (https://www.rover.com/careers/core-values/)
- You have experience using our tools or similar ones
- You strive for continuous improvement
- You can pitch your own ideas and shepherd them through to completion
- You have a sense for materiality, and know when to call it ‘good enough’ and ship or when to put in the extra time to polish
- You play nicely with others
Benefits of Working a Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.