Senior Software Engineer - Developer Productivity
- 4+ years as a professional software developer
- 2+ years working with Python or similar web programming language
- Experience working in a continuous integration and continuous deployment environment
- Experience with Docker and container-based workflows
- Rigor in automated testing, code quality, and engineering best practices
- Experience working alongside and supporting internal developers
- You have excellent communication skills, a proactive disposition, and enjoy helping others
- Bonus: Experience implementing CI/CD pipelines
- Bonus: Experience working with AWS, IAC, and/or distributed systems.
- We are proud to be professional software developers building high quality, scalable, supportable solutions.
- We embrace progressive engineering practices including a continuous deployment pipeline, automated testing, and deployment. Our engineers just merge their branch and it ships.
- We're serious about the quality of our production operation and have thorough system, application, and user interaction monitoring and anomaly detection.
- Our teams are integrated with developers, product managers, and designers working side-by-side.
- And dogs in the office. Bring yours, too!
Why We'll Hire You:
- You're qualified for the position and your values align with Rover's Core Values (https://www.rover.com/careers/core-values/)
- You have experience using our tools or similar ones
- You strive for continuous improvement
- You can pitch your own ideas and shepherd them through to completion
- You have a sense for materiality, and know when to call it ‘good enough’ and ship or when to put in the extra time to polish
- You play nicely with others
Benefits of Working a Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year