Senior Software Engineer, Developer Tools at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:34 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers, for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here.
The Developer Tools team mission is to make the life of Auth0’s engineers easier and more productive by providing tools that make the development lifecycle a frictionless experience.
We are looking for senior software engineers to help us achieve the level of excellence that our teams need to make their day-to-day work easier and enjoyable.
- Design, build and maintain tools and a toolchain to improve the development lifecycle.
- Help build and scale our development environment as engineering teams grow.
- Research and build prototypes using new technologies.
- Investigate, discuss and propose new engineering productivity practices and tools.
- Collaborate with fellow team members on priorities, specifications, and progress communication.
- Evangelize Auth0 engineers about our new tools offering.
You are a good fit if you:
- Are passionate about the development lifecycle of other engineers and their pain points.
- You have 7+ years of software development experience.
- Have excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Love to work with cutting edge technologies.
- Enjoy solving chores through automation.
- Have experience with Node.js, Go or similar.
- Have experience with container technology such as Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, etc.
- Have experience with distributed systems, software architectures and authentication.
- Are autonomous and have a continuous improvement mindset.
- Pay attention to details and keep user experience a top priority.
- Enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, remote first environment.
- Are currently located in Spain, United States (EDT), Germany, Argentina, France, Canada (EDT) or the United Kingdom.
You might work on:
- Open source tools, integrations, CLIs, and frameworks.
- Design and implementation of interface to automate common internal tasks.
- Bots to facilitate quick access to information.
- IDE and browser extensions.
- Pull Requests flow automation.
- #ES; #US-E; #DE; #AR; #FR; #UK; GMT-CA,
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description