Senior Software Engineer, Digital Platform
Navigating Cancer is the pioneer in patient relationship management software and services for cancer care. The company has developed the first patient-centered oncology platform that improves the care delivery model for patients, providers, pharmaceutical manufacturers and payers. By putting patients at the center of their care, providers become economically viable in value-based payment models, payers and at-risk providers reduce the total cost of cancer care, and pharmaceutical manufacturers improve medication adherence for their life-saving treatments. Most importantly, patients receive a holistic service offering to support their individual goals and preferences.
The company is backed by industry-leading patient satisfaction ratings and currently supports over a million patients, thousands of care providers, dozens of pharmaceutical manufacturers, and several payer models nationwide to lower costs, improve patient satisfaction, and drive better outcomes.
Responsible for architecting, designing and implementing NC’s core platform and digital services using AWS and Open source technologies. We are seeking a senior software engineer with, extensive experience in enterprise-level software development and building and automating cloud-native platforms, to join a team of talented engineers developing a container-based multi-cloud application hosting platform. The role requires addressing the current challenges involving scale and security as we continue to rapidly grow.
- Architect, design and develop a modern secure, scalable cross-platform API layer, micro-services (functional) and data services using open source development frameworks, libraries and tools.
- Collaborate with other core services team members to define interfaces, write clear user stories with well-defined acceptance criteria, design, build and maintain solutions.
- Design and build platform services using containerization (Kubernetes, docker, EKC, ECS on AWS).
- Develop and deliver automation software required for building & improving the functionality, reliability, availability, and manageability of applications and cloud platforms
- Be involved in all aspects of platform and services development and deployment including DevOps Automation and test automation processes through CI/CD pipeline (Git, Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory, Monitoring tools like ELK, Prometheus, datadog, etc.)
- Collaborate with other platform members to evaluate and prototype solutions in a timely manner.
- Enable and delivery the company’s vision and strategy by supporting and guiding team members through technology and architecture changes.
- Evaluate and product experience holistically, from high level product architecture to the specifics of how individual features would fit together
- Lead in determining and balancing short- and long-term technical needs, objectives, and approaches to projects, propose create solutions and strategies to address business challenges
- Balance time between directly working on development and supervising / maintaining the quality of work from other contributors on your team
- Enforce standards, best practices, and modern development conventions
- 8+ years of software development experience (ideally large-scale integration or services development in a product or healthcare environment)
- Strong experience in developing secure & cloud-native API solutions, DevOps, API management, event based architecture and large scale integration is a must.
- Prior experience in building data services for large scale structured and un-structured data sets is a plus (Data virtualization, Search, Polyglot storage).
- Proven experience in leading teams and mentoring other developers through change in prior roles
- Proficiency w/a variety of languages/tools (ex. Go, Java, Node.js, API Management and development tools, IAM / IDM tools, DevOps automation tools)
- Passion about the way you develop software, a keen desire to write clean, precise unit testing for front-end and back-end services
- Strong communication, client services, and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of integrated development practices and experience directly collaborating with Middle-ware, Application development teams
- Experience or familiarity solving problems across a heterogeneous (multiple technology) platforms
- Prior experience in developing multi-tenant SaaS solutions or products
- Fierce passion for collaboration and growing with others
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment (Scrum) is a must
- BA/BS in a Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent professional experience
Why Work Here
We support thousands of healthcare professionals and tens of thousands of cancer patients every day. We help cancer patients get better care—and consider this a valuable and meaningful reason to come to work everyday. You get to work with leading technology, wear many hats, and contribute every day to our business success! You get to help us grow and establish ourselves as a world-class business. We are lean, agile, and lightweight. We believe in each other, believe in our work, and have fun along the way.
This position is a full time, in our downtown Seattle office. We offer competitive compensation, benefits and a fantastic work environment. Come join our team and make a difference!
- Work with Purpose. Work together to improve the lives of cancer patients. Collaborate with team members, have passion, enthusiasm and mission for the work that we do.
- Act with Integrity. Communicate openly, be honest, follow through.
- Be Agile. Discover creative solutions, welcome change. Adapt and pursue continuous improvement.
- Seek Simplicity. Reduce complexity for our customers and patients. Simplify our products, our processes and our messages.
- Strive for Growth. Constantly strive to achieve personal, professional, and company goals. Continuous reflection, learning and achievement.
Read Full Job Description