Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Axon has revolutionized Law Enforcement with a suite of connected devices, cloud services and apps that work together to protect life, reduce social conflict and accelerate truth and justice. You will work on the camera platform improving and expanding its connectivity components which lay a foundation for features like real-time streaming, officer safety alerts and active intelligence. At Axon we cultivate an environment that favors team work, initiative, and creative thinking and you will be working in close collaboration with connected devices cloud and core firmware teams.
- Design firmware Applications for cutting-edge body cameras and safety devices
- Collaborate across teams and tech stacks
- Design and own product end-to-end product development
- 5+ years of experience developing and / or testing IoT applications
- 5+ years experience programming in C /C++ and Python
- Experience with at least 3 of the following: video streaming , wireless, USB, Ethernet
- 5+ years experience with Linux OS
- Deep knowledge of Unit testing, System testing, integration testing and quality test
- Yocto Build experience
- Golang experience
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description