We are one of the main reasons it’s possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers, and we are now the world’s leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies use us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number. Intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API and direct network connectivity mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time.
Our strong venture backing allows us to aggressively invest in our product, technology and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from the likes of Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces, and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to make mistakes and experiment.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
How this role makes an impact:
- Will bring your unique set of diverse experiences and background to our team in an open and collaborative manner so that we can all expand and grow faster.
- Have a desire to leverage your expertise but also dive into lesser known areas of technology, architecture, or whatever is needed to solve engineering day-to-day challenges.
- Have an open and honest communication style that always puts the customer first “Will the customer be delighted with this?”.
- Are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and a shifting landscape.
- Proposing technology and architectural choices and continuing to evolve best practices for software development to ensure high quality delivery.
- Working collaboratively with product managers and stakeholders to design, develop, test, and deliver high quality code on a rapidly evolving product roadmap
- Have a strong sense of ownership and accountability for the product you are delivering.
What you’ll be working on:
- Responsible for designing, developing, testing, maintaining and shipping the flagship Zipwhip web application, a large scale, feature rich productivity tool.
- Solving problems related to streaming user content, real time notifications, and large data sets.
- Bring new features and functionality to reality with insight into UX best practices while still maintaining support for business customers on any of our supported browsers.
- Develop rock solid releases ensuring the Zipwhip SLA's are always at the forefront.
- Owning your code end-to-end from development to deployment and providing operational support through on-call rotations.
- Working collaboratively with product managers and stakeholders to own & manage a rapidly evolving product roadmap that delivers on company goals.
The skills you’ll need:
- 6+ years of related product development experience shipping multiple products / services
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C#
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), REST, object-oriented programming and design patterns
- Strong competency architecting and developing real-world solutions in React and Redux.
- React (including recent APIs such as context and hooks)
- Redux (including idiomatic usage of unidirectional dataflow and memoized selectors)
- Java/Spring BFF (Backend for Frontend shim to help organize and coordinate functionality across the system)
- Commitment for engineering practices (ex. as automated testing, code reviews, CI/CD) that ensure quality and fast paced releases
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Commitment for engineering practices that ensure safe and fast paced releases of services.
- Bonus: Working in agile teams or startup environment with a strong customer focus. Demonstrated organizational agility, cross-team collaboration, commitment for results, and excellent written and verbal communications.
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal
- Consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k, flexible remote work, generous PTO
- Health benefits including paid maternity and paternity leave, medical, vision, disability and life insurance
- Free on-site (remote for now) weekly yoga and meditation classes hosted by ZUM fitness, and discounted memberships to Soul Fitness and CorePower Yoga
- A brand new office on Elliott Bay with easy beachfront park access which we look forward to returning to post COVID-19 though we maintain a Remote Work Policy.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a weekly Company update meeting (catered weekly lunch when onsite working) hosted by our CEO
- Values-based leadership and a commitment to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive Company
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.