The Data Infrastructure team is rapidly growing and we are looking to add an engineer to help build our infrastructure. Our applications are currently running on Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS), but with our recent migration to Service-oriented architecture (SOA), we’re starting to push the limits. We are building the Flexport Kubernetes Platform (FKP) to support stateful and stateless workloads and integrate multiple AWS managed services.
This team is responsible for the technologies and low-level infrastructure to store and access data at scale. The solutions are technology-centric and free of Flexport business logic. These core services are provided by either AWS, open-source community, third party vendors, or created by the team if necessary. Engineering teams can utilize and access using data ci/cd pipelines, which help to ensure correct usage. These services are generic enough to be used by any company with a similar security, stability, scalability, and cost requirements.
What you’ll do:
- Build infrastructure to support various workloads (kafka, graphql, search, cache, atlas mongodb, aws rds).
- Automate tasks across the full CI/CD lifecycle.
- Utilize security best practices for all designed infrastructure.
- Deliver cloud infrastructure strategies that align with business objectives.
- Develop and practice disaster recovery plans to ensure data integrity.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 6+ years of hand-on experience building and operating critical infrastructure
- Experience with K8S and the AWS ecosystem, including the benefits and challenges.
- Experience designing, building, and deploying scalable cloud-based architectures.
- Experience with infrastructure provisioning and K8S operators.
- Demonstrable skills in at least one programming language.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers and their logistics partners with the technology and services to grow and innovate. Today, companies of all sizes—from emerging brands to Fortune 500s—use Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. That’s why it’s important to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.