Senior Software Engineer, Insights at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:33 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers, for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here.
On the Insights team, we focus on making it easier for security professionals, developers, and systems engineers to quickly gain insight about their Auth0 implementation. We process hundreds of millions of tenant logs each day and send them back to our customers in a way they can use for alerting, analytics, and to better understand traffic patterns or usage of their subscription. You would help us grow our offering to the next level and begin launching new initiatives to help our customers evolve their businesses.
- Shape the direction of the system architecture and ensure our services are appropriately scalable.
- Influence the team culture and iterate upon the ways we work together.
- Collaborate across teams to solve technical and non-technical challenges.
- Iterate on new and existing features by contributing across the whole technical stack.
- Debug and resolve production issues and implement fixes for them.
- Be a part of the team's on-call rotations.
- Evaluate new technologies and techniques to improve overall practices.
You'd be an excellent fit if you:
- Have a passion for learning.
- Are comfortable designing and implementing both internal and customer-facing API’s.
- Have experience processing and providing large quantities of data to customers in a consumable way.
- Have experience leading initiatives all the way from discovery to delivery.
- Are comfortable designing, writing, and operating full-stack applications with a strong focus on backend development.
- Have a working knowledge of PostgreSQL or other relational databases.
- Have the ability to be self-directed and be effective working independently, yet feel equally comfortable contributing in a team environment.
- Enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, remote-friendly environment.
- Are currently located in Canada.
It is helpful, but not required, if you have experience:
- Being part of distributed teams and work environments.
- Building and scaling advanced PostgreSQL schemas and queries.
- Building log drains or streaming data to customers.
- Creating and versioning customer-facing API’s
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description