Knowledge assets drive important features of the Outreach product. As a senior software engineer, you will work closely with other data scientists to implement data pipelines to develop these knowledge assets. You will develop data pipelines and algorithms to process unstructured data, conflate entities, and cleanse the data to ensure the quality and growth of our knowledge assets. These assets will be accessed by real-time services using GraphQL. Ensuring highly performant indexes and highly available services to query the index is an integral part of this role.
About the Team
On the Knowledge Assets Team we:
- Own features end-to-end, from the customer need all the way to the back-end implementation
- Are highly collaborative and distribute technical leadership throughout the team
- Do Agile development, with Sprints and regular retrospectives
- Function in a highly progressive, quick-iteration environment focused on delivering consistent, incremental customer value
We’re currently shoring up the core functionalities of our product. In the long term we want to give our customers the ability to optimize and constantly improve how they interact with customers. Our services will learn from the customer’s interactions and assist the customers by bringing that knowledge to them in real-time. These efforts present a diverse gamut of work that will help enhance Outreach’s competitive edge by making our customers more effective.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Working with different data stores and several types of data.
- Building data pipelines to process the data to cleanse, anonymize, measure, and index the data.
- Finding ways to engineer high availability into a system that has lots of moving parts, not all of which are directly under your control
- Working with stakeholders to make sure our customers have the tools they need to be successful on our platform
- Finding quick ways to prototype and test possible solutions to large problems
- Looking up and down the stack for the best return on investment for any given pain point
- Working on one of the most visible parts of Outreach’s product - to both our customers and the rest of our organization
- Experience with building data pipelines for Machine Learning and processing large volumes of data.
- Experience working with graph databases, nosql databases, and relational databases.
- Experience with building high availability, distributed systems with a system-oriented architecture
- Experience with building back-end services using Go and C++
- Experience with cloud-based service applications
- Familiar with continuous-deployment projectsEnjoy building and consuming REST APIs
- Willing to go above and beyond to help other team members
- Ability to prioritize details along a path of iterative delivery
- Ability to quickly ramp up new technologies and start contributing
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Womxn's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Read Full Job Description