Senior Software Engineer: Platform 1
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and America's #1 Sound Bar company. Our mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products and services with the latest innovations at the best value for our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart. We are currently seeking a Software Engineer: Platform at our Seattle, WA offices.
The Seattle office is a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment that primarily focus on the SmartCast product line. You will own various components of the SmartCast platform customer experience. This position requires a passion to push the envelope and to innovate new solutions that are ahead of the industry.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the platform team at VIZIO, you will help design, build and improve applications that power and support VIZIO SmartCast platform. Along with the above primary focus there will be additional responsibilities of handling the architecture of build and deployment infrastructures along with any internal tools required for these experiences.
You will be expected to collaborate with designers, product managers, program managers, fellow team members, and vendors. You are self-driven and pragmatic, with an ability to execute in an agile environment. You will have the ability to have a strong influence on the overall SmartCast product by pushing best practices and delivering quality code to our consumers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, build and maintain service-oriented applications.
- Design and build tools using modern front-end frameworks
- Prototype new features and research applicable technologies
- Participate in code reviews.
- Documentation and design.
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Years of related work experience: 5+years
- Expertise in one or more object-oriented programming language (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C#, C++) and the eagerness to learn more
- Experience with cloud solutions on AWS or GCP.(lambda,SNS,Gateways,app engine etc)
- Experience with deploying production cloud services.
- Masters in Computer Science
- Experience with building and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Experience with databases such as DynamoDB, Cassandra or BigTable.
- Experience with container orchestration tool (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos or ECS)
VIZIO, Inc. offers excellent career opportunity as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran