Senior Software Engineer - Product Experience
Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 9,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now!
A Day in the Life
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be applying your distributed systems knowledge, familiarity with full stack development, relational databases, various storage engines, and web service design and implementation to build world-class software and services. Each team has freedom on choosing the stack on each project, allowing engineers to experiment and learn new, up and coming technologies like, ReactJS, GoLang, Scala, Spark and Galera. Primarily, our stack includes Node.js, ReactJS, MongoDB, MySQL, and Cassandra.
You should love building simple solutions to solve hard customer problems. Crafting systems in an agile environment to withstand hyper growth. You will own quality from end to end is a rewarding challenge and one of the reasons Qualtrics is such an exciting place to work!
In addition, you will:
- Develop scalable, fast, robust, and simple web-based solutions to solve complex business problems
- Collaboratively design and implement systems with minimal technical debt
- Mentor others
- Have worked on frontend development and have familiarity with backend services
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from other specialists, tech-ops, and product managers
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to your customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of significant experience
- Strong level of curiosity and interest to learn
- Strong algorithms, data structures and coding background
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
- Experience with software engineering standard methodologies (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design document)
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.