Senior Software Engineer - Production & Operations at Igneous
Senior Software Engineer - Production & Operations
- Deploy, automate, & scale highly-performant & complex systems across diverse environments, on the cutting-edge of Docker/K8s
- Become part of a commercially successful & rapidly growing company that’s redefined Unstructured Data Management
- Solve complex, real-world problems at massive scale
Igneous creates a new approach to Unstructured Data Management that overcomes the modern challenge of file and object data at multi-petabyte scale. Deployable onsite, offsite, in any cloud, and for any protocol - our fully-managed service makes it simple to discover, protect, and move PB-scale data at blazing speeds. Data-centric organizations rely on Igneous Data-Management-as-a-Service to enable diverse workloads ranging from streaming media to curing cancer.
Our Production & Operations teams are expanding, and we're looking for skilled Senior Software Engineers to join us in an operations-focused role. We'll work on massively distributed systems, digging deep into Golang, Docker, & Kubernetes to build, deploy, automate, and scale hybrid-cloud solutions across a hugely diverse set of on-prem and cloud environments. If you like to get deep into containerization, have a passion for tooling and automation, and want to work in highly-automated CI/CD environments, this could be your ideal role.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Production team at Igneous, you will:
- Build tools and systems that delight fellow engineers
- Design and build automation with a focus on scale, reliability, and maintainability
- Join an environment of continual improvement, and that's on a quest for operational perfection
- Solve challenging problems in large-scale deployments, distributed computing, and networking
- Own and deliver world-class CI/CD infrastructure
- Balance incremental improvement with long-term vision
- Create solutions at the forefront of performance and multi-site interoperability
Our ideal Software Engineer for this role will have:
- Several years of software engineering experience in any language
- Recent experience with automation & containerization, ideally in an Open Source environment with Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience building (or effectively leveraging) CI/CD pipelines to deliver consistently and with high quality
- A desire tackle uniquely challenging fleet management problems, and an interest in using instrumentation to make data-driven decisions
- Bonus points: experience with Golang, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS/GCP/Azure, ElasticSearch, InfluxDB, Kapacitor, Grafana, or any work in the realm of cloud, PaaS/IaaS, containerization, distributed computing, or storage & file systems
As a Senior Software Engineer at Igneous you’ll be joining a skilled and diverse team during this exciting time of rapid customer expansion. You’ll bring automation, scale, and security to everything we do in a role that is critical to our success. Our team provides significant ownership and impact at every level, excellent leadership, strong compensation (inc. benefits & equity), career development, and a culture built on quality.
Igneous are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity as a core of company culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.