Senior Software Engineer (REACT)*
Responsible for developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux). You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain and are aligned with the vision and strategy NC’s core platform and digital solutions. The role requires addressing the current challenges involving scale and security as we continue to grow. This is an opportunity to get be involved from conception to completion with projects that are technologically sound and aesthetically impressive.
The Successful Candidate Will
- Architect, design and develop modern cross-platform front-end solution that are scalable and secure.
- Develop new user-facing features using React.js
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Collaborate with UX team to prototype the user experience during the design phase
- Enable and delivery the company’s vision and strategy by supporting and guiding team members through technology and architecture changes.
- Mentor and provide input to team members and other analysts to help define the team's vision, design and execute analytic projects from start-to-finish, inform technical direction, and support reporting of accomplishments.
- Evaluate a product experience holistically, from high level product architecture to the specifics of how individual features would fit together
- Lead in determining and balancing short- and long-term technical needs, objectives, and approaches to projects, propose create solutions and strategies to address business challenges
- Balance time between directly working on development and supervising / maintaining the quality of work from other contributors on your team
- Adhere to our team's coding standards for readability, efficiency, and maintainability (this includes creating documentation and performing unit testing)
- Enforce standards, best practices, and modern development conventions
- 8+ years of software development experience (ideally w/experience in Web development, responsive apps in a product or healthcare environment)
- Proven experience leading teams and mentoring other developers in previous roles
- Strong experience in constructing visualizations that are able to depict vast amounts of data
- Strong experience in legacy systems conversion
- Proven experience in developing flexible and well-structured front-end architecture, along with the APIs to support it
- Demonstrated practice w/test-driven/behavior-driven product development
- Ability to write, audit, and improve our test coverage
- Passion about the way you develop software, a keen desire to write clean, precise unit testing for front-end and back-end services
- Strong communication, client services, and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of integrated development practices and experience directly collaborating with design teams
- Experience or familiarity solving problems across a heterogeneous (multiple technology) platforms (eg. browsers, applications, operating systems, mobile and connected devices, other hardware)
- Prior experience in developing multi-tenant SaaS solutions or products
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment (Scrum) is a must
- Experience building accessible UI components that meet WCAG 2.0 and ARIA guidelines
- Strong experience with source code management using GIT, various workflows, and popular branching models.
- BA/BS in a Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent professional experience
Why work here?