Senior Software Engineer, Ruby on Rails & React at Navigating Cancer
In order to advance our mission to – “Enable Personalized Care for Every Cancer Patient,” we are seeking candidates for the following role:
Sr. Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails & React
Responsible for developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux). You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain and are aligned with the vision and strategy NC’s core platform and digital solutions. The role requires addressing the current challenges involving scale and security as we continue to grow. This is an opportunity to get be involved from conception to completion with projects that are technologically sound and aesthetically impressive.
The Successful Candidate will:
• Design and develop complex projects from Ideation to Release
• Develop high quality scalable web applications using Ruby on Rails and React
• Help set architectural direction for our services architecture.
• Contribute to reusable components.
• Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code
• Adhere to our team's coding standards for readability, efficiency, and maintainability (this includes creating documentation and performing unit testing)
• Enforce standards, best practices, and modern development conventions
• 8+ years of software development experience (ideally w/experience in Web development, responsive apps in a product or healthcare environment)
• A solid grounding in OO software architecture / design patterns
• Good knowledge of data modeling, object-oriented design, and algorithms.
• 5+ years of experience designing and implementing successful non-trivial enterprise Ruby on Rails projects
• RESTful API designs and implementations
• 3+ years experience working with a modern database like mysql / postgres
• Demonstrated practice w/test-driven/behavior-driven product development
• Strong communication, client services, and interpersonal skills
• Prior experience in developing multi-tenant SaaS solutions or products
• Experience working in an Agile delivery environment (Scrum) is a must.
• Strong experience with source code management using GIT, various workflows, and popular branching models.
• BA/BS in a Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent professional experience
Why work here?
We support thousands of healthcare professionals and tens of thousands of cancer patients every day. We help cancer patients get better care—and consider this a valuable and meaningful reason to come to work everyday. You get to work with leading technology, wear many hats, and contribute every day to our business success! Join us to help us grow and establish ourselves as a world-class business. We are lean, agile, and lightweight. We believe in each other, believe in our work, and have fun along the way.
This position is full time, in our downtown Seattle office. We offer competitive compensation, benefits and a fantastic work environment:
- Employer subsidized medical, dental and vision
- 401K + ROTH option
- Paid maternity/ paternity leave policy
- ORCA passes for commuting
- Educational stipend
- Central location equidistant from Pike Place Market and Pioneer Square
- Company sponsored lunch every Monday and fully stocked kitchen
Work with Purpose. Work together to improve the lives of cancer patients. Collaborate with team members, have passion, enthusiasm and mission for the work that we do.
Act with Integrity. Communicate openly, be honest, follow through.
Be Agile. Discover creative solutions, welcome change. Adapt and pursue continuous improvement.
Seek Simplicity. Reduce complexity for our customers and patients. Simplify our products, our processes and our messages.
Strive for Growth. Constantly strive to achieve personal, professional, and company goals. Continuous reflection, learning and achievement.