If you have experience building automation frameworks in distributed, web-based systems, and are a paragon of promoting quality practices and engaging customer experiences, we’d love to talk to you about the opportunities we have!
About the Team
Our system handles more than one million emails and calendar events daily. Nearly everything an Outreach customer does involves our part of the system, and we never want to be in the way of our users reaching their customers - or their goals. We’re charged with designing and delivering interesting features, like automated reply detection, which requires a crisp design approach to answer nebulous and challenging problems.
We work with a disparate set of third-party APIs to implement our system, integrating with email and scheduling systems like Google Mail and Calendar, and Microsoft Office 365. Customers trust us with their privacy and data, and with their customer contacts. New legislation and practices (like GDPR) demand compliance that we take seriously, and they keep our work dynamic.
We're always concerned with making sure the outward interfaces we implement are up and running. But we’re also working to scale them to larger volumes so we can accommodate even bigger customers. Our road-map contains a rich suite of features for our customers focusing on communication flexibility and efficiency.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Guiding the team to use best quality practices while building amazing experiences, using your natural instinct to put the customer first
- Applying the Test Pyramid to new features in order to help decide what level of automation is needed (unit, integration, end-to-end)
- Investigating and contributing to integration and end-to-end automation frameworks that exercise the product code in various environments
- Shipping features that delight customers and expand our user base
- Being the face of Outreach! You will be a recruiter and help grow a rapidly expanding technical team
- 5+ years of experience as a test engineer or developer building or contributing to web client automation frameworks
- Tech-stack overlap: We use Ruby on Rails on the back-end, though there are a couple of services written in Go, and one written using Node. We have data stores built on Redis, MySQL, and CouchDB. We use RSpec for testing, and Circle CI for continuous integration
- Understanding of distributed systems and service-oriented architectures
- Passion and interest in our product and its mission, working to understand our customers, their goals, and values
- Great communications skills
- Ability to navigate uncertainty and ambiguity toward acceptable solutions
- Extra credit: Exposure to email and schedule-management systems
- You embody our core values. We are hungry craftspeople, we have grit, we are honest, we take ownership, we have each other’s back no matter what, we’re one with our customers, and we find strength in diversity and inclusion
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Womxn's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status