Senior Software Engineer in Test
VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America's #1 Smart TV and Sound Bar Company. VIZIO's mission is to be the industry leader in Consumer Electronics by consistently delivering the latest technologies at the most affordable price. VIZIO's brand promise is to deliver innovative, premium-quality consumer electronics with an unwavering focus on the needs of our consumers. We are currently seeking a Senior SDET at our Seattle, WA offices.
The Seattle office is a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment that primarily focus on the SmartCast product line. You will own various components of the SmartCast platform customer experience. This position requires a passion to push the envelope and to innovate new solutions that are ahead of the industry.
As a Senior SDET you will bring hands-on contributions to automate the testing of VIZIO's SmartTV software services and applications. We are looking for a Senior member of the team with demonstrated ability to handle testing applications independently – that includes building automated test frameworks and to quickly learn existing systems and enhance/add test code. This is an exciting position and you will be the first SDET in our organization. You will be able to build the infrastructure from the ground up and play a vital role in helping improve the reliability of SmartCast, our SmartTV system.
- Work side-by-side with software engineers and QA engineers to create and deliver automated test solutions for backend services, APIs, microservices, and TV web clients.
- Be a driver for continuous improvement of automated testing workflow and processes, oftentimes leading or directing the implementation of new testing frameworks or paradigms
- Partner with QA to determine how to best test for new product and system features (manual and automated), as well as automation for regression tests. This includes integration/end-to-end testing for front-end UI, API and back-end services.
- Participate in our Scrum process, working with Developers, Testers, Program Management, and Product Managers.
- Share on-call for most critical systems and lead incident response and no-blame postmortem analysis and review
- Develop and maintain test frameworks based on our TestRail projects.
- BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science, or minimum of 3 years of experience in an SDET role.
- Experience working in a high traffic, high reliability environment
- Knowledge of web-based applications and testing tools
- Proficiency with both Windows and Linux environments.
- Deep experience with HTTP protocol, HTTP APIs, JSON, XML
- Experience with Postman, Fiddler, Charlies, or similar tools
- Experience with Selenium or similar tools
- Experience with relational and noSQL databases
- Working knowledge of complex web hosting configuration components, including firewalls, load balancers, CDNs, web and database servers.
- Strong experience in cloud environment, AWS preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work collaboratively with small teams
- Proven ability to drive issues and deliver quality results with a great deal of autonomy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, preferably an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Understanding of industry standards, best practices, and emerging technologies.
VIZIO, Inc. reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. VIZIO, Inc. may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.