Senior Software Engineer in Test
Powerful entertainment experiences come from brilliant teams, and, at VIZIO, we work together to deliver the latest SmartTV and Sound Bar Technology across the world. We're made up of skilled engineers who care about the people they work with, the work they create, and the teams they nurture.
The Sunday blues don't really exist for us because we're built around supporting each other in a relaxed, collaborative environment. We're more focused on learning, doing something new and valuable, and encouraging our team to do the same. With flexible work hours, a collaborative open-door environment, and teams who support each other in and out of the office, our work experience becomes meaningful. (And we don't focus on hierarchy; instead, we work together to create the roles we're most excited about).
Now we need an experienced Senior Software in Test Engineer to join us in Seattle and automate the testing of VIZIO's SmartTV software services and applications.
You will be the first SDET on the team and build the infrastructure from the ground up and play a vital role in helping improve the reliability of SmartCast, our SmartTV system.
After a year with us, here's what you'll be celebrating:
- Creating and delivering automated test solutions for backend services, APIs, microservices, and TV web clients alongside our Software Engineers and QA Engineers
- Driving continuous improvement of automated testing workflow and processes, oftentimes leading or directing the implementation of new testing frameworks or paradigms
- Developing best test practices for new product and system features (manual and automated), as well as automation for regression tests
- With a clear foundation, air-tight processes, and a powerful structure, your team was able to successfully scale
Here's the kind of person you are:
- High-traffic roles that require a high level of ownership are just part of your day-to-day
- You have a brilliant mind, but you know that good work is a collaborative effort, and you love sharing new ideas with your team. Being skilled and helpful is a plus!
- You have experience with high-scale, highly available services and you know how to take ownership over a project
- You're the person problem-solvers come to when they need help with a really challenging issue
- You're proficient in a variety of cloud environments with complex web hosting configuration components
- You live for the minutia--the small details and the projects that require thoroughness and thoughtfulness.
- You are constantly thinking about ways to improve the reliability and resiliency of the services.
- You have experience troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production software issues and performing software maintenance and configuration
- You demonstrate skill and passion for operational excellence and consequent understanding of monitoring in distributed systems.
- At least 3 years of experience in an SDET role
- Experience with HTTP protocol, HTTP APIs, JSON, XML Experience with Postman, Fiddler, Charlies, or similar tools
- Experience with Selenium or similar tools Experience with relational and noSQL databases
- Knowledge of complex web hosting configuration components, including firewalls, load balancers, CDNs, web and database servers
We don't care about status or symbols. We know it's not about finding someone who has years of experience with every framework or programming language. It's about finding someone who is creative and excited to learn and push new ideas forward. And if you're excited about building powerful software for a loyal fan base, we're ready for you.
VIZIO, Inc. reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. VIZIO, Inc. may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.