Senior Software Engineer, Unity Cloud Services - Engine and Tools
The Unity Cloud Services team is looking for a developer who can help us deliver workflow improvements to the thousands of projects on Unity Collaborate. Have you built or worked on game engines, helping to optimize and improve the workflow for millions of assets? Do you want to help us create the best collaborative experience for Unity users, allowing them to work faster and more efficiently? We want to talk to you! As a developer in Cloud Services, you will bring your knowledge of engines, asset pipelines, and tools to help us build new workflow improvements into Unity Collaborate
Unity Collaborate is our vision of how we can help teams of game developers work together. Collaborate helps the user share their work and projects across many team members via Unity's Cloud. We aim to simplify sharing, syncing and saving the teams progress. We want to enable our developers to interact seamlessly within the Unity Editor and help them succeed. At Unity, we aim to democratize game development, solve the hard problems, and enable success.
- Optimize asset workflow and distribution to users with the Unity Editor
- Working to design and integrate services into the Unity Editor
- Researching and prototyping emerging ideas and technology, and understanding how to apply to our products
- Collaborate with Unity teams globally to create an engaging and helpful experience for users
- Experience with Game Engine and Asset Pipeline development
- Understanding of large scope asset workflow issues
- Understanding of version control systems and underlying concepts
- Experience with cross-platform desktop application development
- Strengths in both C++ and C# with engineering experience in game development
- Performance-minded development and optimization skills with results-oriented approaches and thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build relationships with global stakeholders
- Love of games and game culture
- Working knowledge of the Unity game engine
- Hobby projects that demonstrate aptitude in the core skill requirements
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.