Senior Software Engineer - Web at Trupanion
Trupanion is a leading provider of medical insurance for cats and dogs in North America. Our mission is to help the pets we all love receive the veterinary care they need. At Trupanion, we offer a collaborative, casual, and pet-friendly environment where everyone is encouraged to be themselves.
Trupanion, North America’s fastest-growing pet insurance provider is looking for a software engineer to drive company-wide engineering work on the Trupanion website. This position requires experience building successful and compelling consumer-facing web properties.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Design, implement, and test website and marketing-related features.
- Develop strong relationships with leaders and SMEs on the marketing/revenue teams to spec, design, and deliver features.
- Designing and implementing middle-tier services across the Trupanion custom software stack.
- Working with architects and dev team management to build clean, effective solutions.
Qualifications (Please include a cover letter with your application!)
Education, Registration & Certification:
- Bachelor’s level degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of application infrastructures and architectures required
- Minimum 8 years of technical experience developing .NET solutions required
- Experience with enterprise content management systems (Sitecore/Sitefinity/Kentico)
- Experience with source control systems, release management, and source code configuration control required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively with the business analyst, business leaders, and SMEs to ensure solutions meet business needs
- Knowledgeable about current web frameworks for analytics, A/B testing, monitoring, etc.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of what it means to design using S.O.L.I.D. principles
- Understanding of software engineering methodologies
- Software development skills in .NET and C# (4.x or newer)
- Familiarity with Microsoft-centric SDLC development tools (TFS, CI/CD)
High level of understanding of SOME of the following (knowledge of all is not required or expected):
- Designing RESTful Web Services-based API
- Microsoft SQL Server and ORMs (Entity Framework 6)
- Microsoft Web API & Microsoft ASP.NET MVC
- Unit testing. Familiarity with mocking frameworks (MOQ or Visual Studio Mocking Framework, etc.)
- NoSQL experience (MongoDB & REDIS)
Benefits and Perks:
- Bonus opportunities
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits at no cost to the employee
- Four weeks paid time off
- Five week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Restricted Stock Units
- Open, casual, pet-friendly and fun office environment
- Free dog walking services for office pets during business hours
- Free medical health insurance for your pet (1 dog or cat)
- Paid time off to volunteer at nonprofit organizations
- Free on-site gym
We’re all about helping pets. We promote a cohesive and nimble team environment, and we hire, develop and promote team members. We trust each other. We are transparent and honest. We care about one another and want to see our team members succeed, personally and professionally. We strive to promote from within and reduce bureaucracy to allow creative thinking. We’re focused on providing continuous training and support to all team members to encourage long-term happiness and success.
Take a look inside our office and see for yourself:
Things We Value
- Caring: We care about each other.
- Adhocracy: An adhocracy is intentionally ‘adhoc’ instead of bureaucratic. Adhocracies value the ability to adapt quickly, flexibility and employee empowerment.
- Trusting: We trust one another with information
- Sincere: We do what we say and say what we mean.
- Devoted: We love pets.
- Original: We are innovative and fair.
- Genuine: We are free to express our true selves.
- Simple: Simple is better.
For more information about Trupanion, visit http://trupanion.com/about
Trupanion is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, abilities, perspectives, and skills.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.