Senior Software Engineer - XM Directory at Qualtrics
Qualtrics, the leader in customer experience and creator of the Experience Management (XM) category, is changing the way organizations manage and improve the four core experiences of business––customer, employee, product, and brand. Over 11,000 organizations around the world are using Qualtrics to listen, understand, and take action on experience data (X-data™)––the beliefs, emotions, and intentions that tell you why things are happening, and what to do about it.
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses attract customers who stay longer and buy more, engage employees who build a positive culture, develop breakthrough products people love, and build a brand people are passionate about. Join us as we help change the way people experience the world! Advance your career at a company that is dedicated to your ideas and growth, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, inclusive work environment.
XM Directory is what drives the Qualtrics XM™ Platform. It provides a live, organized chronicle that captures the emotions, sentiments, beliefs, and preferences of an audience. XM Directory contains all experience data, collected over time, creating a system of record of all interactions and opinions each person has of an organization. XM Directory enables a company to take a person-centric view, helping companies gain a better understanding of an individual person's unique journey with the company. Each new interaction builds upon past information, so this rich collection of experience data makes new interactions smarter over time, allowing a brand to customize future touch points for each group based on past preferences — improving the experience.
XM Directory engineering team builds highly performant scalable solutions varying from data storage systems to computation and serving solutions. We utilize a plethora of open source and industry accepted technologies for our big data problems such as ElasticSearch, AWS DynamoDB, AWS Kinesis, Apache Kafka, Apache TinkerPop (Neptune), etc. Our human interface is built using the latest Angular framework with TypeScript language. As a Senior Engineer in the XMD team, you will be applying your distributed systems knowledge, familiarity with frontend development, databases, and leading edge ML algorithms to create world class software.
You should love building simple solutions to solve hard customer problems. Designing systems in an agile environment to withstand hyper growth.
A Day in the Life
- Focus on the development of cloud computing infrastructure at Qualtrics, and help build, distribute, scale and optimize these technologies
- Develop scalable, robust, and highly available micro services related to our platform
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to drive maximum performance
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from other specialists, tech-ops, and product managers
- Attend daily stand-up meetings, collaborate with your peers, prioritize features, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to your customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 2-8 years of relevant experience
- Strong level of curiosity and interest to learn
- Strong algorithms, data structures and coding background
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience with web infrastructure and distributed systems
What differentiates us from other companies
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at cultivating creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- On top of standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees.