Senior Software Engineer
Do you care about understanding what customers are looking for? Are you interested in unlocking key insights to power personalization for a global travel platform? The Traveler Profile team is responsible for Brand Expedia’s insight generation systems. These are used throughout the organization by teams to cater online experiences to the need of the customer and identify market segments that are worth engaging. By knowing our customers, we drive richer experiences and realize greater value for the company. We ware looking for a Senior Engineer who is self-starter to help build the next generation of this customer insights platform. Bring your passion for software engineering, engineering excellence, and technical leadership and be part of our success!Responsibilities:
- Be instrumental in the performance of our team to ensure that we meet the global needs of our business while minimizing technical debt.
- Utilize and advance your skills in building highly scalable solutions while influencing others, being a role model to the team members and raising the bar on the overall level of excellence within the team.
- Architect, design, develop, document, and maintain full stack projects of various scope within a cloud native, data streaming, real time processing system.
- You will operate as technical lead, driver and architect for the team’s products, anticipate and prevent problems and know when to ask for help.
- Embrace change and navigate it effectively while producing valuable results along the way
- You are unafraid of ambiguous situations and always be open to replacing what you built yesterday with something better today.
- Find and advocate industry standards and best practices in development methodologies, techniques, and technologies.
- Innovate, simplify and creatively implement new ideas to solve ambiguous and complex software problems.
- You will make the right judgment calls to deliver features in time, with the highest possible level of quality, in the best interest of the customer by collaborating across disciplines, teams and organizations seamlessly.
- 7+ years of experience in object-oriented programming concepts, data structure, algorithms, and system level programming (including multi-threaded programming).
- Experience with data management practices to optimally source and publish information about customers to drive learning and insights.
- Strong knowledge and working experience of event driven systems and APIs to support analytics and real time personalization.
- Experience with AWS Cloud Computing, NoSQL databases, GIT and utilizing Spring frameworks.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer science, information technology.
- A strong drive and passion to learn new software design patterns, tools and technologies.
- First class communication skills in written and verbal form.
- Ability to lead and influence code reviews as well as technical design and architecture.
- Strong expertise with high volume, fault tolerant, tier 1 systems, microservice design, and data processing pipelines (Docker, Kafka, Kinesis, Spark, EMR, Graph QL, Kotlin, Kubernetes or similar).
- The ability to apply critical thinking to solve problems at a team and group level.
- Staunch proponent of continuous delivery, automated deployments, and related engineering practices.
- Strong judgment on building in-house vs. using open source or package solutions
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.