Senior Software Engineer
Trover believes travel is good for human kind. We want to see more and more people travel and believe the way to do that is to help people share their travel experiences from any corner of the globe to any individual on it. We aspire to do this is through a platform that helps people share and discover experiences that fit their point of view.
We’re here to inspire people to experience new places and we need some help doing it. If you are a hardworking Senior Software Engineer who can help us build our content platform that makes a difference in the world and help strengthen an engineering team every company would want to hire.
The platform combines photography, geo-location, and social interaction in a unique experience that enables users to explore the world through the eyes of other travelers. The team has over 100 passport stamps, deep experience in Android, iOS, and full stack technologies. We’re also a start-up inside of the largest travel company in the world. We get our cake and eat it too! Sound interesting? We’d love to talk!
As a Sr. Software Development Engineering with Trover, you will work together with product leaders and other experienced engineers to execute our combined product vision. The position requires the ability to work collaboratively in a product-focused environment. You'll be driven by the challenge of solving unique problems in the consumer engagement space. The role requires someone who can handle some ambiguity and can thrive in a rapidly evolving environment. You will be responsible for designing and implementing highly scalable, performant, and maintainable code across our entire AWS-based development stack. As an integral member of the team, you’ll work to deliver value to our Trover consumers and creators and deliver an exceptional product. We're looking for you to be willing to learn from everyone, communicate well and strive to be an effective team member.
What you'll do with us:
- Architect, develop, maintain and scale solutions/features/applications on a fully modern, tech stack
- Maintain an open dialog with the product team about roadmap, technical debt, and proposed solutions for features.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers, provide constructive feedback and guidance where needed.
- Facilitate design, code and test reviews among a team of developers
- Lead small-to-medium technical projects. Work with and under the direction of the product manager and with marketing partners
- Help define and drive the latest test, development, and deployment standard methodologies, guidelines and standards for a fast-growing product.
- Provide technical leadership on specific integration activities
Who you are today:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or comparable degree
- 5+ years’ full stack software experience across multiple technologies, languages and frameworks
- Led technical designs and implementation of highly scalable and adaptable systems
- Demonstrated skill in object-oriented design and development
- Proficient oral and written communications skills. Collaborate well in a team environment.
- Able to work independently, and effectively collaborate with partners in product, content moderators, marketing and engineers.
- Have extensive front-end development experience
- Bonus: History of success in a DevOps environment
- Bonus: Experience with CI/CD frameworks.
These things excite you:
- Joining a driven, bold and motivated, start-up like team at Expedia
- “Lead without authority”, growing other team members in their development skills
- Leaving your mark and making an impact for travelers across the world
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.