Senior Software Engineer
Do you like writing code? Are you passionate about trying new technologies? Do you want to work with people who love what they do? The Lodging Partner Services team is looking for a passionate software design engineer to join one of our teams. If you are passionate about building global high volume web applications (website and backend) for global customers, this is the job for you! We're looking for highly motivated full stack engineer who is passionate about working with Java back-end services, and/or front end UI web interfaces. In this role you will lead, design, and implement web applications and service, work with other engineers to solve business and technology problems at hand.
- We need you to write clean code
- You will identify design and coding problems, and bring on technology innovation to existing systems if needed
- You will gather and implement technical requirements, such as test harnesses, logging, and operation facilitations
- You will define development and test environments, including build, configuration, and deployment
- You will support urgent live-site operations as needed
- You will facilitate design review, code review, test review, and operation procedure review meetings
- You will write scalable code and unit tests for Continuous Delivery pipeline
- You will development in cloud and web page performance tuning
- You will lead and mentor junior developers on the team
- For Back End developer: CPU and memory usage, debug real time multi-threading application and perform JVM tuning, deep understanding of Micro Service Oriented Architectures, Domain Driven Design concept
- Nice to have Data Pipeline / Streaming, and Real-Time Data Analytics
- Experience with cloud development
- Previous experience working experience in Agile development process
- Experience working with geographically distributed team
- Work Experience and Education Guidelines
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Professional certifications in computer technology
- 7+ years in software development with a track record of shipping highly scalable cross-functional projects
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.