Senior Software Engineer at Expedia Group
Are you a full-stack engineer passionate about building and maintaining next generation experiences for our customers? Do you love to tackle challenging and high impact problems? We are looking for experienced Software Engineers to be key contributors to our success and drive the strategic development. As a Software Engineer on Expedia’s CarRentals team, you will develop highly available, business impacting solutions. You will be part of a team that is responsible for all aspects of the customer experience - from the visual interface to the back end services. You will own technology choices and use AWS services and open source systems like Lambda, Kinesis, Elasticache, Redis, Snowflake and more as appropriate.
What You’ll Do:
- You will collaborate with Engineers, Program and Product Managers, and Production Support in an agile development environment to develop, test and deploy extraordinary software.
- You will establish metrics and processes to ensure development for scale.
- You will take the lead in driving the team’s architecture & design methodology and quality programming practices.
- You will develop, mentor, and provide growth guidance to engineers on your team.
- You will take initiative to improve existing processes or develop new processes to increase efficiency.
- You will communicate effectively up and down the organization including to the CTO and engineering leadership team.
Who You Are:
- You are passionate about solving customer problems, including curiosity about how things work today and passion for making them better.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- You have the ability to break down large technical problems and solve them systematically.
- You are able to perform and influence code reviews as well as technical design meetings.
- You have strong coding skills.
- You have a team-first mentality with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships across disciplines and organizations.
- You have a track record of successfully delivering high quality, web applications and distributed services with large transaction volume on a 24x7 operational cycle.
- You bring at least 8+ years of experience designing software in object-oriented programming concepts, data structures, algorithms and system level programming.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are excited to move to our new Seattle Campus later this year. The campus features onsite wellness and market hall with amazing food options on 40 acres of waterfront property. Check out the campus and latest news on https://lifeatexpedia.com/seattle-campus.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.