Senior Software Engineer at Expedia Group
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Expedia Group’s Platform & Marketplaces eCommerce Loyalty team, you will translate requirements into code, perform testing and debugging tasks, and develop software in conjunction with peers and senior engineer mentors in a small team environment. You will also be expected to mentor developers with lesser experience. Expect to become an integral part of the team, communicating regularly with your teammates, and adhere to software engineering processes established by the team. As you gain in experience and knowledge, you will be encouraged to propose improvements to designs and processes.
What you’ll do:
- Set an example to other software engineers by exhibiting technological thought leadership and solid development principles including the areas of coding standards and systems design.
- Develop, debug, and modify components of software applications and tools
- Resolve problems and roadblocks with help from peers and/or managers. Follow through on details and drive issues to closure.
- Actively participate as a mentor in code and design reviews
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related technical discipline and/or equivalent work experience
- Strong communication skills
- Experience using code versioning tools (e.g. Git)
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- 8+ years’ experience in professional software development in a team environment
- solid experience in Java or other object-oriented languages (e.g. Python, C#, C++, etc.)
We work with the following technologies and expect basic understanding or strong willingness to learn:
- RESTful Micro Services
- Java, Kotlin and Scala programming languages
- Html, css/less/sass
- Apache Tomcat, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Maven or Gradle
- AWS: EC2, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, Docker
- Working knowledge of SQL queries
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a desire to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, VRBO®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.