Who is Karat?
Karat is the world's leader in conducting first-round technical interviews. Our network of experienced interview engineers have conducted over 20,000 technical interviews on behalf of clients including Indeed, Pinterest, Intuit, and Citrix. We continuously analyze our interview data to get smarter and more predictive with every interview we conduct. As a result, our clients reclaim 60% of engineering hours per hire, accelerate achievement of their hiring goal by 25%, and offer an exceptional experience with 95% of candidates rating their experience as positive.
Our mission is to be the world’s interviewer. We conduct highly predictive interviews for our clients with rigor, humanity and fairness. Karat helps companies hire the engineers they need to create the future and helps ensure that engineers are in jobs that maximize their strengths.
Engineering at Karat
We've all been through technical interviews (one side or the other). As a member of Karat's engineering team, you'll work on a relatable product with engineers who care: about the product, thier craftsmanship, and the team. We usually work in Ruby and Python, taking care to thoroughly test and continuously deploy our code.
- Lay the foundation for our new systems while revamping the old.
- Own projects from design to release.
- Build up junior engineers through direct mentorship and strategic processes.
- Remain flexible enough to handle all of the unknowns that come with growth in the company.
- A belief in our mission and crave consequential responsibility.
- A passion for software craftsmanship and the humility to be wrong.
- A love for high-performance teams and a desire to build one.
- Experience interviewing, teaching, and mentoring
- Experience working on a modern web development stack.
- Strong experience in a dynamic language used for web development, such as Ruby, Python, or Go.
- Experience working on web apps - you know how HTTP, Rest, and web security works.
- At home in a Unix/Linux workflow.
- Experience in DevOps/infrastructure.
- Comfortable presenting at events or conferences.
Thank you for your interest in Karat!