Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
We believe that drone technology has the potential to revolutionize public safety and create better outcomes for communities and agencies alike. At Axon Air, we are bringing together the right hardware, software, training, and ethical guidelines to accelerate the adoption and effectiveness of this technology across law enforcement and public safety.
Today, a small but rapidly growing number of agencies are using drones to support search and rescue missions, tactical operations, accident scene reconstruction, and first response. These agencies are cobbling together tools that were built for other industries such as construction or agriculture that don’t meet the needs of a public safety agency. We’re solving that problem with purpose built solutions for law enforcement today with an eye on shaping the use of drone technology in the future.
We’re a small team with a start-up mentality so we need someone who is flexible and willing to jump in where needed to help us make Axon Air a success. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help lay the foundation for expanding our offering across new devices and new capabilities, working across multiple software stacks to bring end to end features to our customers. And you get to play with some cool, cutting edge toys while you do it.
Sound exciting? Check out this short video to learn more about what we’re building, and apply now to join our team as we make this a reality.
- Driving the Axon Air Software Development Kit (SDK) efforts to allow integration of additional partners
- Working with external partners to understand technical integration needs
- Collaborating with internal teams to deeply integrate the Axon Air offering across multiple product lines
- Mentoring other engineers on the team to help with technical growth
- Working closely with product and design leaders to find the best customer focused solutions
- Flying Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS), also known as drones to develop and test new functionality
- Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, AI, Electrical Engineering, or relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Full-stack programming experience, having worked across multiple languages such as Scala, Swift, Kotlin, Go, Java, or similar
- Experience designing end to end systems
- Exceptional and energetic collaborator within and across the teams
- A scrappy and collaborative do-what-it-takes mentality
- You enjoy mentoring and growing junior engineers
- US Citizenship
- Part 107 Remote Pilot Certification or Pilot License
- Experience building external facing Application Programming Interface (API) or SDKs
- Previous experience working on software and hardware integrated solutions
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.