Senior Software Engineer
Help engineer a tax determination hardware appliance. Development spans multi-platforms (Linux, Windows), multiple languages (C#, Java, Scala), along with multiple focuses (appliance and the cloud). This position provides the ability to get into many different, challenging engineering activities. This individual will be part of taking the product into its future evolution. What is that? Come be part of it!
- Java and Scala
- Bash scripting
- Common Linux utilities—ssh, scp, rsync, cron, iptables, curl, dpkg, etc
- Debian packages
- SQL Server
- C#, .NET Framework, ASP.NET
- .NET Core
- REST and SOAP API's
- XML and JSON datasets
- Jenkins automation server
- Deliver new features
- Squash bugs
- Troubleshoot and debug issues
- Engineer remote administration communication
- Engineer content/code automation
- Contribute to new design efforts
Qualifications (absolute must haves walking in the door)
- Minimum of 8+ years experience in a SDE role shipping complex applications to large scale production environments.
- Use of Amazon Web Services (AWS), specifically S3, Route 53, EC2, RDS.
- Experience with engineering on both Linux and Windows.
- SQL queries and scripting.
Preferred Qualifications (great to have but not absolutely necessary)
- Strong mix of software engineering (Java, C# and .NET Core/Framework).
- Experience delivering containerized apps
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.