Senior Software Engineer at Karat
Our mission is to make every job interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. Karat helps companies hire the engineers they need to create the future and helps engineers find jobs that maximize their strengths and potential.
Karat conducts first round technical interviews on behalf of companies like Indeed, Intuit, Pinterest, and Wayfair. We do this through a community of Interview Engineers who are equipped with Karat's interviewing infrastructure, battle-tested questions, and data-informed best practices. The result is highly predictive and fair interviews at scale that candidates truly enjoy. Karat has amassed the largest, most robust dataset of structured interview intelligence to produce never-before-seen hiring analytics. As the software engineering industry continues to grow, this presents more opportunities for Karat to become the leader in helping organizations hire engineers.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle.Engineering at Karat
As a Senior Software Engineer at Karat, you will work on an exciting mission with a highly collaborative team and relatable product. As a core member of our growing company, you will work closely with leaders and members of other teams, contribute to team culture and practices, and mentor junior members of the team. We're looking for individuals who are hungry to take ownership of new projects and initiatives and who want to make a significant impact on the product and beyond.
You will have the opportunity to be a technical leader on a team working to build a product that serves engineers, recruiting teams, internal teams, and more as we scale. Your work will be the bridge between users, providing the backbone of our platform.Core Responsibilities:
- Own projects from design to release and beyond
- Lay the foundation for new systems while revamping the existing
- Build up junior engineers through direct mentorship and strategic processes
- Remain flexible enough to handle all of the unknowns that come with fast growth in the company
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define features and build powerful and easy-to-use products and customer-facing workflow tools
- Help develop effective processes for ensuring our products have high quality code and minimal defects
- 8+ years developing and launching web applications/systems into a production environment
- Deep proficiency in Ruby, Python, or similar language
- Comfortable in a Unix/Linux workflow
- Prior experience designing and building APIs
- Strong ability to effectively identify and pursue challenging problems
- Some project management experience, ability to lead a project end-to-end
- Interviewing, teaching, and/or mentoring experience as it will help you relate to our mission and culture
- Excellent English communication skills to collaborate with a service-oriented team
Benefits of joining Karat:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits for all our full-time employees:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical / dental / vision insurance
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Karat is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Karat and the state/country where you work.