Senior Software Engineer
Interviewing is the gateway to building careers and teams. Yet, it’s no one’s job to do it with fairness and professionalism -- so we made it our job.
Our mission is to be the world’s interviewer. We conduct highly predictive interviews for our clients with rigor, humanity and fairness. Karat helps companies hire the engineers they need to create the future and helps ensure that engineers are in jobs that maximize their strengths.
Karat conducts first-round technical interviews on behalf of companies like Indeed, Intuit, Pinterest, and Citrix. Our network of experienced Interview Engineers have conducted tens of thousands of technical interviews with software engineering candidates. Clients increase capacity to interview and unlock engineering productivity, all while providing exceptional candidate experiences.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle. Key clients include Pinterest, Indeed, Citrix, Intuit, and Palantir.
Engineering at Karat
As a Senior Software Engineer at Karat, you will get to work on an exciting mission with a highly collaborative team and relatable product. As a core member of our growing company, you will work closely with leaders and members of other teams and contribute to team culture and practices, and mentor junior members of the team. We're looking for individuals who are hungry to take ownership of new projects and initiatives and who want to make a significant impact.
You will have the opportunity to be a technical leader on a team working to build a product that serves engineers, recruiting teams, internal teams, and more as we scale. Your work will be the bridge between users, providing the backbone of our platform.
- Own projects from design to release, including communication with stakeholders
- Developing web applications using HTTP, Rest and Web Security Works
- Lay the foundation for our new systems while revamping the existing
- Build up junior engineers through direct mentorship and strategic processes
- Remain flexible enough to handle all of the unknowns that come with fast growth in the company
- Write clean and scalable APIs and the backend that our products depend on
- Collaborate with our cross-functional team to define features and build powerful and easy-to-use products and customer-facing workflow tools
- Help develop effective processes for ensuring our products have high quality code and minimal defects
- UI/ UX experience using AJAX and modern frameworks like Angular or React
- Proficiency in a Unix/Linux workflow
- Prior experience designing and building APIs
- Strong ability to effectively identify and pursue challenging problems
- Technical leadership, ability to lead a project end-to-end, and mentor junior developers
- Interviewing, teaching, or mentoring experience as it will help you relate to our mission and culture.
- Excellent English communication skills to collaborate with a service-oriented team
Benefits of joining Karat:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits for all our full-time employees:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical / dental / vision insurance
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Karat is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Karat and the state/country where you work.