Senior Software Engineer at Zipwhip
Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration, and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
We're looking for top-notch engineers to bring in their ideas and experience to help us continue our rapid growth. You will work closely with other team members on technical issues and complex problems and take ownership of application development and design.
What's the job really?
- Design, architect, and develop software and system solutions.
- Develop scalable distributed systems to handle increasing customer traffic.
- Solve problems in an agile environment relating to service development and integration.
- Provide technical leadership to the team.
What you bring to the table:
- 6+ years object-oriented experience with Java or C# with a proven track record of delivering enterprise grade solutions.
- 3+ years of experience in RESTful API development (ex: Spring Boot, Dropwizard).
- Extensive knowledge architecting enterprise level service-oriented distributed systems.
- Expertise in working with relational databases (ex: MySQL, Oracle).
- Experience in handling large data sets with NoSQL solutions, (ex: Cassandra, MongoDB, Elasticsearch)
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) tools (ex: Jenkins, Travis CI, Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience with microservice orchestration and messaging platforms(ex: Kafka, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ)
- Systematic problem solving and communication skills with a sense of ownership and drive.
- Track record of successfully mentoring and developing junior engineers.
- Energetic, highly technical, and capable of driving results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Experience in enterprise logging infrastructure (ex: ELK, Splunk, Graylog).
What we offer:
- Fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices.
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Complimentary access to a fitness center.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
- Complimentary shuttle access to the office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.