Senior Software Engineering Manager - Backend at DomainTools
DomainTools is seeking a Software Engineering Manager to join our team. This is a technical leadership role at a ~100-person cybersecurity research company. Our engineers gather, process, and analyze large data sets and build data services that are used by our customers for cybersecurity research and threat intelligence. We work with big data and machine learning that matters. We're not just trying to sell more ads or widgets, we're helping organizations improve their security and protect against cyber attacks, fraud, and domain hijacking.
At DomainTools, you will lead a highly productive team of smart and engaged engineers. We are heavily invested in native cloud technologies (AWS), Linux, Python, PHP and React, Hadoop, and large-scale Mysql and NoSQL systems. This is a hands-on, full-time permanent position in our offices in Seattle.
- Manage a growing team of data systems engineers.
- Collaborate across the company to define and deliver new products and product features.
- Communicate status of projects to all parts of the organization (both technical and non-technical audiences).
- Work with senior engineers to develop and make progress on a technical roadmap.
- Work with the engineering team to improve and develop internal processes.
- Provide growth and training opportunities for the team.
- Evaluate, hire, and onboard new additions to the team.
- Manage day-to-day administrative tasks to keep the team focused and productive.
- Eight years or more of experience building, managing and leading a software engineering team.
- Recent experience with hands on design and development.
- Expertise with agile software delivery models (preferably SCRUM)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- A firm grasp of technology, across multiple systems and languages, preferably AWS technology stacks, Python, and Go.
- Ability to attract and retain high-quality Engineering talent in the Seattle area.
- Experience with DevOps
- Experience in building AWS cloud-native applications and solutions
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with software development and deployment on Linux.
- Knowledge of Python, Java, and Go.
- Experience with data mining or machine learning techniques.
DomainTools helps security analysts turn threat data into threat intelligence. We take indicators from client networks, including domains and IPs, and connect them with nearly every active domain on the Internet. Those connections inform risk assessments, help profile attackers, guide online fraud investigations, and map cyber activity to attacker infrastructure. Fortune 1000 companies, global government agencies, and leading security solution vendors use the DomainTools' platform and integrations as critical ingredients in their threat investigation and mitigation work. We are located in Belltown (downtown Seattle) in a very cool office staffed with smart and energetic co-workers. We provide great benefits and some outstanding perks.
To find out more about working at DomainTools, please visit our website at http://www.domaintools.com/company/join-our-team.