About The Team
Assurance's Core Team owns the foundation of the Assurance application stack. We are deeply concerned with availability, performance and efficiency of all Assurance services, and work in close collaboration with all engineering teams to create a reliable and easy-to-use AWS infrastructure for application services.
You have a good understanding of modern cloud-based architecture, and practical experience defining infrastructure in the fast-pacing environment. You dream in Terraform configs, meditate on smooth flow of new releases through BuildKite/CodePipelines/Jenkins, swear in Sentinel and IAM Access Policy languages and named your cats OpsGenie, Splunk and OAuth.
The ideal candidate is:
- Very comfortable working with AWS services
- Deeply familiar with infrastructure-as-code approach and it’s practical applications using Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Ansible and similar frameworks and services
- Experienced in building tooling and automation for large-scale computing environments
- Proficient in at least one high level programming language such as Python, Ruby, or Java
- Strong at debugging and systems analysis; should be able to identify and quickly resolve or mitigate issues
- Experienced in building, deploying and operating distributed applications
- An excellent verbal/written communicator
Assurance offers the best online insurance shopping experience; within minutes a customer can have instantly approved life, health, auto, or home coverage. We’ve simplified the online checkout process so that customers can get covered instantly online, and we’ve also built an on-demand workforce of licensed insurance agents that can speak with customers who want to talk to an expert, 24x7. Powering all of this is a cloud-first, event-driven, service-oriented-architecture, using the latest software frameworks. We combine our web technology with data science models at every step to make intelligent decisions about how we market to customers, what policies we recommend, and which agents we match to customers. Our mission is to make insurance easier, cheaper, and higher quality, for everyone – not just the affluent. Our team is humble, driven, and committed to improving the lives of millions.
We’ve pioneered many new technologies and are proud of many world-first technical achievements. We are the only company to pay commissions to on-demand workers with a real-time payment solution, so money earned is deposited into their bank accounts instantly, every day of the year; and to pay dynamic bonus rewards generated in real-time by machine learning models during phone sales calls. We developed a voice signature technology to enable customers to conveniently sign for their insurance policy over the phone. We built a completely serverless telephony platform that uses dozens of machine learning models to automatically optimize how we place phone calls to customers and connect them with sales agents on the platform.
In September 2019, Assurance was acquired by Prudential (NYSE:PRU; $36B market cap) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world. We are at the forefront of this exciting mission and are looking for experienced software engineers who are excited about the chance to rethink the insurance industry from the ground up in a technology-first manner.
We have 3 engineering offices worldwide in Seattle (headquarters), Toronto and Kathmandu. Each office has many teams of engineers; each team owns a set of software applications and business functionality. We work collaboratively across time zones and geographies, using Slack, Zoom, Github, and email. Engineers in remote offices will typically visit headquarters once or twice per year.
Review our CCPA policies here.
Choose Assurance Because:
· Exceptional base salary plus bonus structure
· Comprehensive benefits which include, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more
· Unlimited paid vacation, sick leave, plus paid holidays.
· Growth opportunities, advance your career rapidly, we offer leadership development training and promote from within.
· Ongoing coaching and career development including individual and group coaching sessions.
· Fast paced, high performance environment.