Qualtrics, the leader in customer experience and creator of the Experience Management (XM) category, is changing the way organizations manage and improve the four core experiences of business––customer, employee, product, and brand. Over 12,000 organizations around the world are using Qualtrics to listen, understand, and take action on experience data (X-data™)––the beliefs, emotions, and intentions that tell you why things are happening, and what to do about it.
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses attract customers who stay longer and buy more, engage employees who build a positive culture, develop breakthrough products people love, and build a brand people are passionate about. Join us as we help change the way people experience the world! Advance your career at a company that is dedicated to your ideas and growth, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, inclusive work environment.
Our Engineering team comprises deeply passionate engineers who are breaking new ground in cloud computing and web scalability. We organize and sort terabytes of data and develop solutions used by millions of users every single day. We design products that make sophisticated research simple. Engineering focuses on these tenets: Platform-oriented, API First, Secure, One Product (Our customers shouldn’t have to learn two different ways of solving the same problem), and Quality (Our customers rely on our products to drive their businesses. Our software must work. If a feature leads to a poor customer experience, don’t release it (fix it or remove it).
Quality Engineering Challenge
Qualtrics prides itself on being the leader of experience management for all customers; this includes people with accessibility needs. As part of our product quality mission (e.g., WCAG), we will meet current accessibility standards and position our engineering community to meet future accessibility.
- Specific to the Qualtrics Accessibility Mission, you will:
- Design accessibility test plans and test cases for mobile and web applications
- Drive accessibility industry-wide standards across the engineering organization
- Contribute to the evolution of the Qualtrics Web Accessibility Guidelines and UX Accessibility Checklist
- Create and execute Human Factors / Usability test plans with test subjects that require accessibility features
- Advocate the importance of accessibility defects in the prioritization of defects fixed by the engineering organization.
- Drive the creation and use of automated test tools specific to the accessibility mission
- Drive accessibility test adoption in the regression test suites owned by the product engineering teams
- As a Senior Software Test Engineer, you will also:
- Contribute to test frameworks, test tools, and automation for complex distributed SaaS systems
- Find, triage, and document bugs worth fixing.
- Conduct ad-hoc and scripted manual tests
- Investigate test failures and customer reports using your technical understanding of the product and tools (such as logs) to narrow down reproduce steps to isolate the root problem
- Ensure the product is tested at the appropriate level (unit vs. integration vs. end to end, API vs. UI), reducing unnecessary test cases, intermittent failures, and decreasing execution time.
- Drive quality processes like bug triage, releases decisions, and feature completion criteria
- Mentor and develop other members of Engineering.
- Interview future STEs
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as IT, Engineering, Math, Physics or similar with Computer Science coursework or minor. Computer science degree accepted but not required.
- Experience leading the testing of accessibility standards such as WCAG
- Experience running Human Factors / Usability testing
- An excellent Ad-hoc tester
- 5+ years of relevant experience as part of a test team, two as a senior member of the test team.
- 2+ years of experience contributing to test automation and frameworks
- Familiar with front-end technologies (including Selenium-based automation), REST web services, and/or constructing database queries
- Experience applying different software testing techniques, such as equivalence class partitioning, boundary value testing, pairwise testing, etc.
What Differentiates Qualtrics from Other Companies
- Work-life balance is deeply important to us, we don’t push a burn-out culture or expect our employees to work 7 days a week. We plan and prioritize our work quarter to quarter, so expectations are clear.
- Team building and team cohesion are important to us - we have regular office events, team outings, and happy hours.
- We have a strong culture of diversity and inclusion - with employee-run groups like QPride, QMobility, QSalute, and many others. “Be You At Q” is critical to our success as a diverse company.
- We take pride in our offices’ design to cultivate creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative workspace.
- On top of the standard benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc.), we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office.
- Qualtrics continues amazing growth, from 2,300 to 8,000 employees by 2023 across the Globe.
- Qualtrics Experience Program - $1,500 for an experience of your choosing (eligible after a year)