Senior Software Test Engineer at NetMotion Software
What We’re Looking For:
NetMotion Software is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer in Test to join our Seattle office team. This team member will be responsible for using technical, analytical and teamwork skills to ensure high quality and customer satisfaction for Diagnostics - our cellular network performance management product. You will work directly with innovative wireless networking technologies and have an impact on the direction of strategic and highly visible products. This position has the potential of growing quickly into a test lead role.
We practice Agile development, with an emphasis on rational, sustainable schedules. There is a strong, collaborative relationship between managers, architects, developers, program managers, and QA engineers as partners in the delivery of quality products. This position offers a tremendous opportunity to interact with cutting edge technologies.
Duties will include the following:
- Creating, maintaining, and reviewing effective software test plans
- Designing, documenting, maintaining, and following hands-on test cases
- Working effectively with the test team, developers, support, and technical writers
- Testing client-server applications running over wired and wireless networks on Windows, Android, MacOS, and iOS platforms
- Advocating for product quality and elevating issues when appropriate
- Other duties as assigned
Quality Assurance Engineers at NetMotion are all experienced engineers who have shipped multiple products and have a dedication to and a track record of producing high quality features and products. To do well in this role, you will have:
- S. in Computer Science or related field preferred, or equivalent experience
- Five or more years of software testing experience on a client/server product
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Servers
- Experience with network engineering and troubleshooting
- VMware ESX experience
- Performance Testing experience
- Resourcefulness – ability to find/use different resources to solve problems
- Microsoft Windows client, Android, Apple OS operating system experience
- Experience with Windows debuggers
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work both independently and as a member of a collaborative team
- Strong analytical ability and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Additional consideration given to candidates with one or more of the following:
- Work and test experience with Splunk
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with MDM’s
- Experience creating test automation and/or scripting with Selenium and C#
- Knowledge of backend cellular technologies and RF engineering
Who We Are:
For over 20 years, we’ve worked with a simple philosophy: help the connected world move more smoothly, seamlessly and productively. NetMotion is a Mobile Performance Management and Security software company that gives organizations with mobile workforces the connectivity, visibility and control needed to solve the common challenges of the mobile workforce.
If you join our team you will be working with talented colleagues who have a passion for industry leading technology. At NetMotion, we want people to enjoy the work that they do so we provide our team members with the tools and support they need to be successful. In addition, we have a collaborative and unpretentious environment where creativity is valued.
Why You’ll Love It Here:
- Health and life benefits, along with a competitive 401k plan and a company match
- Flexible vacation policy, 12 company paid holidays, 10 paid sick days, and paid parental leave
- Commuting and fitness benefits
- Monthly morale events and random treat days!
NetMotion is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; national origin; ancestry; religion; creed; gender; gender identity or expression; sexual orientation; marital status; economic status; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; age; veteran status; or the use of a service animal.