Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
To The Role
Join us in laying the foundational pieces at Outreach, that power our business lifecycle processes. We believe in the power of choice and we enable our customers to choose the configuration of an Outreach instance that works best to Accelerate, Optimize or Orchestrate their business and sales engagement flywheels. This choice sets them up for their Outreach journey with a seamless onboarding experience, that provides them with their customized and configured instance to operate out of. As part of this vision, you will take on the challenge and complexity of envisioning and delivering solutions that power these experiences, from onboarding to powering the customer’s day-to-day, while delivering the platforms to accurately account for our customer’s usage at a globally distributed scale.
About the Team
The mission of the Licensing and Billing team is to deliver platform solutions that every feature team at Outreach can plug in to. At the same time, this team drives the feedback loop to enable learning and insights into usage, adoption and accounting of features across the platform.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Own features all the way through
- Lead, develop and influence best patterns and practices
- Design and build scalable systems that handle huge amounts of data
- Identify the critical details and prioritize them for incremental delivery
- Design and create services and system architecture for your projects, and contribute and provide feedback to other team members
- Help improve our code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate user stories, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution.
- +10 years of recent hands-on coding and software design.
- +2 years leading a growing team.
- Recent experience building robust and scalable software.
- A track record of projects completed on time – you are a flawless executor, not a procrastinator. You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- Familiar with continuous integration environments
- Previous exposure to data-intensive environments, including data modeling and integration concepts
- A can-do attitude and good team player.
- Ability to prioritize your tasks properly for incremental delivery
- Experience with our technical stack: primarily Golang with some legacy Ruby on Rails code, MySQL, AWS, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- You embody our core values: We are hungry craftspeople, we have grit, we are honest, we take ownership, we have each other's back no matter what, we're one with our customers, and we find strength in diversity and inclusion.
- Proficiency in working with services written in Golang is highly desirable
- Experience with our technical stack: React, Typescript, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Elixir, ElasticSearch, MySQL, AWS, Docker and Kubernetes
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status