Unity's Professional Services team is looking for a technical artist to help solve customer problems across different verticals, including gaming, automotive, and industrial. Our customers range from small, independent studios to globally-recognized brands.
Together, we’ll work to optimize their workflows, achieve their visual targets, and provide customized guidance on how best to use the Unity Engine. Your day-to-day work includes creating tailored solutions to meet their needs, and ensuring the success of their projects will often require independent internal research.
If you're technically skilled, customer-focused, curious and independent, this job will suit you. We are committed to maintaining a diverse team, and welcome applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- Engage with external customer teams to optimize and integrate art assets into their games or apps without sacrificing artistic vision or exceeding platform requirements
- Conduct on-site and remote technical art reviews to isolate and resolve workflow inefficiencies and performance bottlenecks, then educate our developer community on Unity best practices
- Develop and improve existing art production pipelines by writing scripts and tools to aid artists
- Create and optimize custom shaders and VFX on emerging platforms
- Proactively train yourself to remain at the forefront of Unity Engine technology
- Experience creating optimized 3D assets (portfolio required)
- Strong understanding of PBR lighting models and its interaction with materials
- Professional experience working in real-time game engines (e.g., Unity, Unreal Engine, or in-house)
- Basic scripting skills using C# or Python
- Able to travel domestically and internationally, up to 25%
- Experience writing shaders for real-time rendering
- Familiarity with the following tools: Substance Painter, Substance Designer, ZBrush, Photoshop, Houdini, PiXYZ, or VRED
- Experience creating particles or other VFX
- Profiling and performance optimization of games or apps
- Fluency in different shader languages (e.g., HLSL or GLSL)
- Have delivered talks or presentations at conferences
- Experience using Unity in a shipped game or commercial project
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.