Senior Technology Lead at Expedia Group
Do you find yourself always learning about the latest technologies to solve unique challenges in new ways? Are you looking to take your first leadership role in people management? Does making an impact on customers and the business excite you? The Expedia Group is seeking a creative, intellectually curious, people-oriented technical leader to join our Engineering team. At Expedia, we develop next-generation technologies for which we have become world-renowned, and through which we are revolutionizing travel.
We are looking for a Senior Technology Lead who is passionate about maintaining a high-quality bar for software and is deeply committed to supporting decision-making through data analysis. We seek an individual who have a deep understanding of software engineering principles, algorithms, data structures, and distributed systems concept, and manage the growth and development of 2-4 developers while actively delivering on technology solutions.Responsibilities:
- You will lead from the front and help other specialists make sound architectural decisions, improve their code quality and be better each day.
- You will meet with direct reports on a weekly basis, providing continual feedback to aide in their career growth.
- You will participate in resourcing discussions to ensure team allocation optimizes for product delivery quality and individual developer growth.
- You will use your creativity, first class engineering skills, and technical knowledge to deliver features and improvements in an agile fashion.
- You will improve the operational aspects of the platform with updates to our deployment process, test automation, performance tuning and monitoring.
- You will work with members of the engineering team to develop and deliver your technical solutfions.
- Identify and embrace new technologies, frameworks and standard methodologies.
- Share your interests and passions with our fun-loving, active team.
- 5-7+ years professional experience in software development
- Servant leader who knows that the most important part of your job is your team's success.
- Experience mentoring and giving feedback to junior developers.
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to rapidly acquire and learn new software skills and technologies.
- Knowledge of continuous delivery practices.
- Dedication to writing and maintaining high quality code.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills plus be able to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience working in the Cloud (preferably AWS)
- Familiarity with front-end framework React.js or Angular.js.
- Knowledge of full-stack system design solutions including NoSql (Dynamo, DocumentDB, MongoDB), Streaming (Kafka, Kinesis)
- Clean and elegant technical designs are part of your DNA and you have the ability to instill the same drive in others.
- Critical thinking: there are always options; you will be adept at identifying them, evaluating options and concisely communicate them to your peers.
- Experience in agile/Scrum software development practices and ability to learn from your actions to make positive adjustments.
- Experience developing and supporting e-commerce systems and conducting A/B testing scenarios is a plus.
- BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-MH2Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.