Senior UI Engineer - SigmaIQ
Disruption is an overused word.
We’re not trying to disrupt the finance and accounting world, but we are solving a crazy hard set of problems using Machine Learning to dramatically improve people’s work life. Reconciliation is an arduous, manual task that requires hours of painstaking processes every month to achieve. It’s one of those tasks that EVERY business has to go through and EVERYONE hates. Plus, it often means working evenings and weekends to close the books on time. This is what we are solving for.
How About You? Ready to Improve Thousands of Work lives with Better UI and Build a Great Engineering Culture?
Sigma IQ is a FinTech startup working on a groundbreaking AI platform that will modernize corporate financial management. You are an eager UI developer seeking an engineering role to lead user interface development. In this role, you will have a huge impact on the UI architecture of the company, and will contribute to the development of our engineering culture. You will craft and implement responsive and delightful user interfaces, build a team, and help set technical direction.
- Build web interfaces, including process management and data visualization features, while balancing short-term priorities against long term goals.
- Collaborate with marketing, design and other partners to craft a beautiful user experience, focusing on intuitive design and clean interfaces.
- Help us build a team, mentor and grow employees, and contribute to interview and review processes.
- You are competent in modern UI architecture and frameworks (We use React & Redux Saga) and can speak to Atomic or Component based design.
- You are a lifelong learner dedicated to continued personal growth, an effective communicator, and ready to help build a product from the ground up. You are capable of providing oversight for junior employees.
- You are creative and collaborative, and passionate about user experience and engineering. You will investigate and research new technologies and patterns, while advising on technical tradeoffs.
- AWS Experience
- Administrative Dashboard design experience using D3 or any other library
- TDD and E2E test implementation (We’re on Jest and Cypress)
- Competitive salary and equity, consistent compensation policies.
- 100% covered benefits for employees, 50% for dependents
- 4 weeks of paid vacation (available immediately, without accrual)
- Work in Seattle’s original neighborhood - Pioneer Square!
- So many snacks and beverages...
We are building our company on teamwork, being honorable with each other and our customers, being focused on the right things, finding success in simplicity, personal accountability, being direct while kind and keeping it light-hearted. It’s important that new team members understand and agree with what we trying to create - a great working environment.
Equally important, as an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.