Senior Website Manager at Zipwhip
We are one of the main reasons it’s possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers, and we are now the world’s leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies use us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number. Intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API and direct network connectivity mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time.
Our strong venture backing allows us to aggressively invest in our product, technology and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from the likes of Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces, and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to make mistakes and experiment.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
How this role makes an impact:
The website senior manager oversees the functionality and sustainability of Zipwhip.com; evaluates and manages website performance; facilitates hosting management; develops, maintains and updates website content and processes; and the integration of Zipwhip.com into the self-serve checkout flow. This role oversees our WordPress instances, hosting management, code deployment, website analytics, A/B testing and SEO optimization efforts integrated into the website. The website senior manager serves as the marketing team’s subject matter expert on WordPress, web best practices, and front-end technologies.
What you’ll be working on:
- Own and manage our WordPress codebase and relationship with hosting vendor, including selection of themes and plug ins, codebase improvements and updates, and managing deployment processes.
- Act as project manager for all asks related to Zipwhip.com including process development, project planning and execution, project prioritization, QA and launch. Includes managing weekly meeting, workback, and follow up with stakeholders.
- Manage the integration of Zipwhip's marketing automation stack into Zipwhip.com, including Marketo, Drift, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, and future analytics, tracking and automation tools.
- Collaborate with product and engineering on coordinated rollouts. Includes managing multiple dev environments and snapping to engineering processes.
- Collaborate with content marketing team to drive search engine optimization best practices and tactics.
- Own website performance optimization including ideation, testing, coding and execution of projects.
- Create and present regular reports on website project status, roadmaps and performance.
The skills you’ll need:
- A degree in computer science, web development or a related qualification.
- 5+ years of work experience as a website manager, ideally working within WordPress.
- Great understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Competency in traditional software development workflow including local development and git.
- Ability to troubleshoot website issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Strong project management capabilities and interpersonal skills to enable cross-function collaboration.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and get things done.
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal
- Consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k, flexible remote work, generous PTO
- Health benefits including paid maternity and paternity leave, medical, vision, disability and life insurance
- Free on-site weekly yoga and meditation classes hosted by ZUM fitness, and discounted memberships to Soul Fitness and CorePower Yoga
- A brand new office on Elliott Bay with easy beachfront park access
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a catered weekly lunch meeting hosted by our CEO
- Values-based leadership and a commitment to building diversity and inclusion
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.