Senior/Staff Software Engineer - Platform
Hearsay Systems is the leading enterprise cloud company offering sophisticated client engagement products to companies within the financial services vertical. Our tools are currently used by over 150,000 agents and advisors, providing them with automated workflows and advanced AI that allow them to more easily develop and foster personalized relationships with their existing clients and prospects at scale. We partner with Chief Distribution and Marketing Officers at the world’s leading financial services companies (including Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, Prudential, New York Life and Allstate) to enable them to get a real-time pulse of field conversations and to trigger more effective targeted advisor-client outreach with AI-optimized calls, text messages, email follow-ups, and social media interactions.
Hearsay is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Seattle, New York, Chicago, Toronto, London, Budapest and Manila and has raised $50M in venture capital from Sequoia and NEA.
We are looking for a creative, get-it-done software engineer to join our passionate Platform team and drive innovation in this key strategic product area!
What You Will Accomplish:
- Collaborate with your team of developers and product experts to build and grow the internal- and external-facing API layers of our systems
- Drive ongoing improvement in the scalability and reliability of our APIs, Services and other platform components
- Participate in evolving the development processes of your team
- Mentor and be mentored by your team members in development techniques and technologies
- Demonstrate leadership in facilitating your team’s success in continual improvement of Process, Technology and Product knowledge
- Experiment with technologies and processes, observe the outcomes of experiments, and teach the rest of the organization what you’ve learned
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, OR equivalent work experience
- 5 or more years experience in delivering Production level software with expertise in most of the following: API, Object Oriented Design, Distributed System, Data Modeling (both relational and NoSql), Performance and Scalability
- System integration background, deep understanding of HTTP and REST architecture
- Demonstrable Fullstack or Backend experience delivering successful user outcomes through solid software development skills and practices
- Broad and deep software development skills and exposure
- Relentless focus on user outcome and business value in all technical considerations
- Proficiency in at least one major technology stack
- Experience building software-as-a-service products in a cloud environment
- Comfortable with concepts around continuous integration and delivery and operating in a continuous delivery environment
- Working experience with Agile methodologies is a big plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, able to effectively collaborate with technical and business partners
- Strong self-drive to teach, learn from, empower, and facilitate your team
- Sense of humor (everyone says this, but we really mean it)
Nice To Have:
- AWS and other Cloud technology (e.g. Elasticsearch) experienceLinux/Unix familiarity
- Enterprise software development experience
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: At Hearsay we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description