Service Reliability Engineer (SRE) - East & West
Service Reliability Engineer - East & West
Igneous creates a new approach to Unstructured Data Management that overcomes the modern challenge of file and object data at multi-petabyte scale. Deployable onsite, offsite, in any cloud, and for any protocol - our fully-managed service makes it simple to discover, protect, and move PB-scale data at blazing speeds. Data-centric organizations rely on Igneous Data-Management-as-a-Service to enable diverse workloads ranging from streaming media to curing cancer.
Our Service Reliability team is expanding, and we're looking for highly skilled Senior Technical Support Engineers to work with Igneous customers, proactively assisting them with post-sales installation, configuration and set up tasks, data access and connectivity issues, performance and automated software deployments. Responsibilities include owning and resolving highly complex, technical, and customer environment-related issues which impact product/service performance in customer-specific environments, or issues that directly hamper a broader customer adoption of the Igneous Service.
As a Senior Service Reliability Engineer on the Igneous team, you will:
- Provide resolution for complex customer environmental issues (Networking, Authentication, NAS Configuration)
- Field general guidance questions from customers
- Keep building onto an already exceptional end-to-end customer experience by driving proactive issue resolution
- Work collaboratively with Igneous engineering teams to ensure positive customer outcomes
- Administration and maintenance of Igneous infrastructure
- Execute automated software deployments for Igneous customer base
- Our Service Reliability Engineers are also the "voice of the customer" and have a strong voice in to the development teams for recurring issues or feature requests
Our ideal Software Engineer for this role will have:
- 5+ years demonstrated experience supporting and troubleshooting commercial/enterprise software or NAS solutions.
- Linux and Networking
- Access Management
- Experience with Go/C/Python/Ruby, as well as shell scripting
- Service Minded. You deliver customer support like you expect to receive it; with ownership, excellence and confidence.
- Detail oriented. You have an uncanny ability to juggle and prioritize workload while handling details accurately and in a timely manner
- Excellent Communication. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem Solver. You love tackling the most difficult of challenges and know how to arrive at the best solution. Bonus points: Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS/GCP/Azure, ElasticSearch, Grafana