Site Reliability Engineer
About the Role:
We’re looking to add a Site Reliability Engineer to our team, where you’ll be a core part of a supportive team that’s passionate about systems thinking, amplifying feedback loops, and continual experimentation and learning.
For this role, we’re looking for a candidate who loves using technology to solve problems for customers. We need someone with a strong disposition to Software Development. Our existing Platform Engineering and Operations Team is taking on a growing set of responsibilities that includes building platforms and interfaces where our applications will run and owning core shared internal services.
In this role you will:
- Make decisions that carry influence and direction for the entire engineering org.
- Build tools to deliver applications to our customers and ensure they enjoy a secure, performant, stable experience.
- Be aware of and share the available features of the cloud platform.
- Own core business capabilities like authentication, network routing, and CI/CD pipelines.
- Collaborate with development teams to solve customer and business problems.
What You’ll Be Doing:
In any given week, you may find yourself:
- Pairing to sort out how to best approach a problem
- Developing tools to speed and standardize cloud usage (we use and love AWS)
- Doing code reviews for this team and other teams
- Pioneering the use of new features of our cloud
- Serving in on-call rotations
Are you looking for a workplace where you can find creative ways to use technology to solve real user problems? Would you like to be a part of a company that's growing quickly, with opportunity for advancement? We want to talk to you!
You may be the right fit if you:
- Enjoy being part of a collaborative team
- Have an intermediate understanding of some programming language (our team mostly uses Python, and we also use PHP, NodeJS, Ruby, Bash, and some GoLang)
- Have an intermediate ability to operate and manage Linux (other Unixes are ok too)
- Have a novice understanding of a config management tool (we use Chef)
- Have working experience in a role where the business runs on a cloud, and you have been responsible for portions of leading the use of that cloud
- Are interested in containers and container management techniques
- Have experience in Information Security practices and principles
- Are always learning, and you are excited about the field of Software Development
None anticipated in this role
The RealSelf office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their dogs to work!
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make it easy to get the information and deep support needed to make confident purchase decisions. Since 2006 our authentic stories, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped millions of people explore treatments and decisions that range from laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.