Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Mission-Critical Cloud Services for Public Safety
At Axon, our cloud solutions are the backbone for public safety. From allowing dispatchers to respond to 911 calls to eliminating paperwork for officers to uploading crucial body-camera footage of an incident, our cloud products are a critical part of the emergency responder workflow. Because our products are mission-critical, it is of the utmost importance to have the highest bar for performance, quality, and availability.
As a software engineer in the SRE organization, you are passionate about solving real-time problems so that our mission-critical cloud products can have the high quality and uptime that our customers need. You live and breathe automating processes, from building release tooling that enhances our build, test, and deployment of our products to driving major quality efforts like automated chaos testing to ensure our cloud products achieve a high degree of availability. You will work closely not only with other engineers in the SRE organization, but also with engineers in our product teams to drive critical solutions that impact the entire software organization.
Your Day to Day
- Create tools and processes that allow our products to deploy quickly and with a high confidence in quality
- Drive best practices when it comes to availability, scalability, operational excellence, and efficiency across the whole software org
- Mentor junior engineers through code reviews and architecture design discussions
- Debug and solve deep technical problem on our systems.
- Contribute on making the next evolution of 911 a reality.
- 3+ years professional software development experience
- Experience in designing and creating highly available cloud systems
- Experience in container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in managed languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C#, or similar
- Experience with Linux operating systems internals and administration
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Familiarity with AWS or Azure
- Experience with Kafka or Cassandra
- You follow the latest in software engineering and open source technologies, and can intuit the fine line between promising new practice and overhyped fad
- You love delighting end users and hunger for novel challenges
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary, 401K with employer match, and equity
- Unlimited paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ability to work remotely as projects allow
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description