We are one of the main reasons it’s possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers, and we are now the world’s leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies use us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number. Intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API and direct network connectivity mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time.
Our strong venture backing allows us to aggressively invest in our product, technology and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from the likes of Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces, and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to make mistakes and experiment.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to ensure the reliability, availability, and performance of our innovative text messaging platform. This position can be completely remote.
- Are passionate about cloud operations and engineering and have an appropriate sense of urgency around production system support.
- Possess an “Operations Mindset” - you understand that your job is flexible and somewhat unstructured, don’t mind being on-call 1 week a month and feel a powerful sense of ownership around the platforms you support.
- Have 4+ years of experience supporting a significant AWS footprint, including networking, database, and containers.
- Take the opportunity to automate whenever possible, leveraging your background in scripting and development.
- Have extensive experience in at least 2 of the following: Kubernetes, SQL & NoSQL databases, Messaging (Kafka/ActiveMQ/pub sub), Carrier-grade networking.
What’s the job really?
- 10% project-related, 30% automation and tooling, 60% production changes and support.
- Projects may include new 3rd party tool selection and integration, data migrations and the rollout of new platforms and features.
- Collaboration with the NOC, DevOps, and software development organizations.
- Responding to escalations, attending Zoom meetings, collaborating over text & Slack.
- Schedule and location are flexible as long as business needs are met (maintenance windows, on-call, meetings).
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal
- Consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k, flexible remote work, generous PTO
- Health benefits including paid maternity and paternity leave, medical, vision, disability and life insurance
- Free on-site (remote for now) weekly yoga and meditation classes hosted by ZUM fitness, and discounted memberships to Soul Fitness and CorePower Yoga
- A brand-new office on Elliott Bay with easy beachfront park access which we look forward to returning to post COVID-19 though we maintain a Remote Work Policy.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a weekly Company update meeting (catered weekly lunch when onsite working) hosted by our CEO
- Values-based leadership and a commitment to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive Company
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.