Site Reliability Engineer
Auth0’s mission is to help developers innovate faster. Every company is becoming a software company and developers are at the center of this shift. They need better tools and building blocks so they can stay focused on innovating. One of these building blocks is identity: authentication and authorization. That’s what we do. Our platform handles 2.5B logins per month for thousands of customers around the world. From indie makers to Fortune 500 companies, we can handle any use case. We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer.
We have raised $210M to date and are growing quickly. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Join us on this journey to make developers more productive while making the internet safer!
Auth0 gives companies simple, powerful and developer friendly building blocks so they can free up resources to focus on innovation. We strive to be the identity platform of choice for developers and Enterprises. We take our culture very seriously and are looking for people who are drawn to both our mission and our culture.
The Auth0 platform processes thousands of requests per second (2.5 billion logins per month) for customers all around the world - and we're growing very fast! The Site Reliability team aims to improve reliability and uptime in a data-driven way to support our customers' needs.
We are looking for senior software engineers with a good understanding of how systems fail, solid background in software engineering, and a desire to learn about reliability and large-scale systems.
You are a good fit if you...
- Have initiative and can "unblock" yourself to get things done.
- Tend to deliver work incrementally to get feedback and iterate over solutions.
- Can mentor junior people and pair with other teams: education is a very important part of this role.
- Like to get your hands dirty by debugging and fixing issues in production.
- Understand the real problems by reading between the lines and asking good questions.
- Are easy to work with: you communicate well, take feedback in a positive way and are OK not always doing the most glamorous tasks.
- Analyze and optimize our core product by developing and implementing reliability and performance practices.
- Scale systems sustainably through automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis of production issues to identify reliability improvements of our services.
- Evangelize and advocate for reliability practices across our organization.
- Collaborate with other Engineering teams to support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Be on-call for services that the SRE team owns.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- You have contributed to design applications and systems that scale, are resilient to failure, and are observable.
- You are interested in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- You have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- You have a great ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- You have a solid background in software development and architecting resilient and reliable applications.
- Timezone: we are giving preference to candidates located in GMT-8 to GMT+2.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with Node.js or any other application development language.
- Experience with MongoDB.
- Experience working in a remote friendly, async environment.
- #US; #AR; #CA;
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Read Full Job Description