Job Title: Software Architect - Cloud
Location: Santa Clara
This position reports to: Chief Architect, ITOM
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
The ITOM (IT operation management) business unit is building a unique business-level service modeling, management, and discovery solution. Among the products we are responsible for: Discovery, Service Mapping, CMDB, CMP (Cloud management platform),CloudInsights, Event management and Operational Intelligence.
We are helping customers like Intel, Barclays, Microsoft and Enterprise Rent-A-Car to run and manage their data centers using our unique solutions.
We are looking for a hands on software architect that will be responsible for the overall architecture of our CMP and Cloud Insights products. This position will work with the different development and product teams, provide guidelines, identify common components, lead the development of core components and seek for new technology directions.
What you get to do in this role:
- Understand the detail behind the ServiceNow architecture and ITOM and communicate it at various levels.
- Work closely with the development teams, participate and lead design and architecture reviews.
- Work closely with Product Management on upcoming releases and provide feedback from customer interaction.
- Contribute to the ServiceNow community as a thought leader in application development techniques.
- Work with customers to understand needs and bring back this knowledge to the products.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Excellent understanding of the architectural principles for cloud based platforms that include SaaS, PaaS, multi-tenancy, and automation - must
- Experience in analytics, ML and/or big data - must
- Background in ITOM related similar products like monitoring, operations and performance analytics - must
- Experience with database design schemas and data modeling.
- Experience presenting architecture concepts, designs, and goals to technology leaders and partners
- A very strong background in Application Development is required.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.