Software Dev Engineer I at Expedia Group
Do you have a passion for travel and e-Commerce? Do you have a passion for operating globally in a high growth, energizing environment? Expedia’s eCommerce Platform (eCP) team has an opening for a Software Development Engineer as part of our Financial Systems and Core Transactional Services (FCTS) team. The online travel market is a $2 trillion industry that never stands still. This 400-person organization operating between Expedia’s Global Brands, Supply Offerings, and Finance Teams, is the transactional heartbeat of Expedia Group. FCTS is composed of two key platform components – Financial Systems, primarily based on the Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS); and the Core Transaction Platform that comprises Order and Fulfillment Orchestration, Trip Management, Tax Services and Incentive Services. Through our technology and operations infrastructure, we handle billions of dollars of bookings, collections, and payments every month. This role will primarily focus on the Core Transaction Platform, one of the platforms operated by FCTS.
What you’ll do:
- Assume an active role in the evolution of the Core Transaction Platform, including design, development
- Be a part of the development team and actively participate in all phases of implementation, including requirements gathering, functional and technical design, systems design and development, testing and roll-out, and support
- Monitor and support daily operations
- Utilize disciplined development methodology for continuous evolution and optimization for the assigned projects
- Teach and mentor junior developers in project implementation methodology
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computing related discipline
- 5+ years Software Development work experience (Java experience strongly preferred)
- Prior background in high volume e-Commerce solutions or other transactional processing systems.
- Strong technical proficiency in Java, Spring MVC, JSON/XML, Web Services and object-oriented design.
- Experience working in with AWS/Cloud infrastructure, NoSQL databases
- You write clean and elegant technical designs are part of your DNA and you have the ability to instill the same drive in others, have critical thinking and communicate them to your peers
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-MS1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.