Software Dev Engineer II (full stack, Java)
Egencia is Expedia Group’s business travel company. In the same spirit, we are pioneers in the industry. Always solutions oriented, we value human contact. Egencia's teams collaborate globally to provide business travelers with the best possible user experience every single day.
Launched in 2002 as Expedia Corporate Travel, Egencia has become the fifth largest travel management company in the world because of our commitment to delivering a higher standard of corporate travel service and innovative technology. Our success is directly attributed to our customers' ability to move their businesses ahead, through their valued relationships with our company and more importantly, with our people. Lead by an experienced, forward-thinking management team, Egencia has continued to expand its offering of intuitive on-line tools and comprehensive agency services while maintaining its reputation for superior customer service.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join our team of experienced developers. Responsibilities span web development and backend travel services as well as multiple languages. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate their deep technical knowledge, real passion for solving real-world business problems and dedication to innovative thinking to ensure Egencia continues as the technology leader in the corporate travel space.
The position requires an understanding of the technical concepts of Egencia's global systems as well as the larger ecosystem of Expedia Group's systems.
- Design and implement powerful, highly scalable, and reliable applications.
- Translate functional specs into logical, component-based technical designs.
- Innovate and implement new ideas to solve complex software problems.
- Commit to advancing the team’s design methodology and quality programming practices.
- 3+ years development experience
- Technical competency in developing high-performance, scalable web applications
- Experience solving complex inter-op issues across languages
- The ability to translate functional specifications into high-performance technical designs and code. Provide code reviews to assess overall code quality and flexibility, and the application of good object-orientated programming techniques
- Ability to help define technical and architecture strategy for their team by working with other technology leaders across the organization
- Experience with a service oriented architecture
- Good oral and written communication skills, and an ability to work collaboratively with team members in different time zones and cultures
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.