Software Dev Engineer II at Expedia Group
Expedia’s Conversations Platform and Customer Engagement (CPCE) Technology team is dedicated to driving technology innovation to create effortless customer experiences worldwide in Expedia Group apps, web sites, support channels, and contact centers via our Virtual Agent Platform. We support over 80 million customer interactions a year and over 12,000 agents – across a global brand portfolio and workforce.
The CPCE Data & Intelligence team is focused on building data solutions to stream events data and power self-service analytics. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to push the boundaries of cloud data technologies. From Apache Spark, and AWS Glue, to Kafka, AWS Lambda, Redshift, and Kinesis, we’re always looking for the right technology to scale our data lake. You will set the example as we build for the long-term, with a focus on design patterns, reusability, and robust engineering practices including CI/CD. This role requires an energetic attitude, creative problem solving, a passion for technology and data, superb communication, relationship building skills, as well as flexibility in approach and design.
Are you passionate about turning Virtual Agent Platform data into valuable insights for the company to improve customer experience? Can you design and develop next-generation real-time data pipelines and self-service analytics around event streams? Do you love to tackle meaningful problems at speed and scale? Do you want to work for a company that is product-centric and data driven? If so, this opportunity is a great fit for you!
What you'll do:
- Build and support scalable and durable data solutions that can enable self-service advanced analytics using cloud-based technologies in an agile manner.
- Be a part of our development team and actively participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, functional and technical design, development, testing and roll-out, and support.
- Close partnership with internal partners from Engineering, product, and business
- Drive technical design and development around real-time data analytics
Who you are:
- Experience in object oriented programming, especially Python or Java, Scala, with a BS in Computer Science or Engineering or related experience
- Knowledgeable in Hadoop-ecosystem technologies, in particular Hadoop, Hive, and Spark.
- Experience building data pipelines with data from event streams, on distributed data systems (AWS/Hadoop).
- Batch and/or stream processing experience using Spark, K-Streams, Faust
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Familiarity with SQL-based databases (MySQL etc.)
- Experience with all aspects of data systems including database design, ETL, aggregation strategy.
Why Join Us?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-LB2Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.